Quality of kimber

Bobalos

Reaction score
I bought my kimber in 99 and heard that through 2010 or so the quality went downhill.  Does anyone know if they have improved their quality any? 

I'm thinking about a 9mm 1911.

I have the Kimber .22 conversion for my Colt 1911 .45, works really good. It’s about 12 years old.

I shot a Kimber 45 that would not cycle hollowpoints but didn’t ask when it was manufactured. 

I was close to buying a 1911 Kimber. 

Dealer picked up an Ed Brown and showed me the differences. 

Said by the time the Kimber was massaged I would have more $$ into it then buying this here Ed Brown. 

I bought the Ed Brown. 

Curious why you would buy a 1911 as opposed to a 2011?  Theres so many nice guns being made now for all kinds of different budgets. I've shot a bunch of 9 mm pistols from low end to $10k.  I've got lots of opinions if you ever want them, and can take anyone to a private club in HB to shoot some cool stuff if your nearby.

@Surf and Dune good question.  Maybe I should do the same thing I did back then and go shoot a bazillion guns...  

Love my Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry 45.
It’s never failed me. 

Curious why you would buy a 1911 as opposed to a 2011?  Theres so many nice guns being made now for all kinds of different budgets. I've shot a bunch of 9 mm pistols from low end to $10k.  I've got lots of opinions if you ever want them, and can take anyone to a private club in HB to shoot some cool stuff if your nearby.
Still hard to beat a 1911 in .45.Go double stack on one the grip is huge for a 45.

NOw going with 9mm i will say yes go for a 2011 type.

I have the Kimber stainless target 2 in 9mm. Love it way more than my Glock or my wife’s Springfield.   It is heavy for carrying but way easier to keep on target . Has never misfired. The only problem is the rear sight adjustment screw is frozen or locktighted .  

I have the Kimber stainless target 2 in 9mm. Love it way more than my Glock or my wife’s Springfield.   It is heavy for carrying but way easier to keep on target . Has never misfired. The only problem is the rear sight adjustment screw is frozen or locktighted .  
When was it built?

what is the difference between a 1911 & a 2011? 

what is the difference between a 1911 & a 2011? 
I think a 2011 is that high end Staccato gun.  Designed for Instagram flexing.  I'm sure it's lovely, but I'll take a Springfield and 10,000 rounds instead.

And I'd absolutely grab a nice AK for less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back