Putting it back to stock - suspension

matt86m

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Chev 3500 SRW that has a 4'' Rancho lift with drop spindle, Fox shocks and good rubber. 

I want to put it back to stock height, will buy Bilsteins and will most likely have to get smaller tires (285's)

Anyone with a similar year need a lift?

Anyone have stock spindles laying around?

I'm not 20 any more! 

FADF29E8-DCB8-49E5-99F6-959EA1C92074.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
can you return to stock? does the t case not require some cutting for a lift? its been years since i've had one.

I threw away all my 2018 stock stuff except for the rims and tires. They are wrapped up here at the shop.  Your welcome to them if you want them. Maybe 5k miles on them.

I threw away all my 2018 stock stuff except for the rims and tires. They are wrapped up here at the shop.  Your welcome to them if you want them. Maybe 5k miles on them.
Thanks but I'm keeping the wheels, if I get lucky the tires will clear but I dont think they will.

might double check, i know there was a couple years in there you had to cut the ears off the transfer case for some reason, which meant you couldn't go back stock

Just a thought and I know it kinda sucks but you could list the truck for sale.  Find another one. 

Just a thought and I know it kinda sucks but you could list the truck for sale.  Find another one. 
I'd hate to do that, this truck only has 52k on the odometer and I know the PO and how he cared for it. 

might double check, i know there was a couple years in there you had to cut the ears off the transfer case for some reason, which meant you couldn't go back stock
Some lifts on the previous body styles required you to cut an ear off the front diff too.

can you return to stock? does the t case not require some cutting for a lift? its been years since i've had one.
I asked PO and you are right, they did cut the T case. There is a part that bolts on to put it back to ‘stock’ 

So now Ill have to add up the parts needed to see if this is feasible. 

Thanks for posting! I may not have known about this. 

The ear gets cut off of the front diff and there is a part that can be bolted on to replace it. The transfer case is not cut.

I asked PO and you are right, they did cut the T case. There is a part that bolts on to put it back to ‘stock’ 

So now Ill have to add up the parts needed to see if this is feasible. 

Thanks for posting! I may not have known about this. 
Trade me trucks.

Your t-case won't have been touched.  Why don't your Amp steps retract?  

Trade me trucks.
You have a lot of motor stuff I wouldn't want to ditch over a Rancho lift (sorry @matt86m).  Aren't you happy not to have a flat-bill-bro-AF truck now for how you actually use it?  If not, get a nice Cognito lift.  When it comes to '01+ GM HD stuff Cognito is "our Carli".  

-TJ

Also, if both of you clowns don't have a lift pump and good filtration, please just replace your CP4.2 now... way better than when it goes bad and smokes everything in the entire fuel system.  My truck has had a lift pump and triple filtration since ~5k miles and I still replaced the CP4.2 as preventative maintenance at around 100k. 

-TJ

Your t-case won't have been touched.  Why don't your Amp steps retract?  
Tcase is good but the diff was cut

Ill look into the CP4.2879 thingy! 

Back