Pusher Tires - recommendations or stay away froms?

TheBiz

Reaction score
About that time, going to be purchasing 6 new RV Tires and I thought I’d ask you folks for recommendations.

Size:  275/70R22.5, Current tires are the Goodyear G670’s.  RV is a 2016 Fleetwood Discovery 40G.

Not worried about the price, just want good, safe and comfortable tires as we do long cross country trips often so we are in all til yours of weather and conditions.  

What recommendations do you folks have? 

Thanks!!!

3364CDBE-BF1A-4D7E-9C8B-0068E26D00CC.jpeg8ACA700B-0DE1-4002-85F3-FCAAD9A8E88A.jpeg

I did Goodyear G670 RV MRTs on the front and some cheaper tires on the rear. 

What version of the Toyos?

I’m not unhappy with the guy’s on there either just not sure what’s out there.

I put michelin on the steering axle and continental's on the drive. Coach came with continental all the way around when I purchased it.

I always recommend Toyo tires although I’m not sure they’re currently offering a suitable RV friendly model in your size. I’m running M137 steers and M154 drives in 295/75/22.5 and have been very happy with them.

When the Goodyears aged out on my DP I installed Hankooks and have been happy with them. They ride better than the Goodyears did. I paid $2800 OTD. Be sure to put beads in all 6. 

Just had mine replaced. When I bought the coach it had Hankook AH12's. I got 7 years before I found some cracking on the inside of the drives. This time I went with the AH37 from Hankook because they don't make the AH12 anymore. I went through Tucker tire in Covina. They have a mobile guy come and install them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Petes put some Handcooks on there last year.   I asked Pete what he would put on and he recommended the Handcooks.   He said if you want to pay triple get the Michelins they will last  more years. 

I have Hankooks too, AH-37, good tires for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've swapped aged out good years to hankooks on 2 different rigs so far, and have been very happy with them.  Current motorhome has Michelins, and wouldn't hesitate to go with hankooks again.  Also have heard good things about Toyo's 

Question, I have been told to replace every 7 years on these tires, what are you guys doing?  I am 5 years in right now..................

Question, I have been told to replace every 7 years on these tires, what are you guys doing?  I am 5 years in right now..................
Depends where the moho spends most of it's time and if the tires are covered/protected. General rule I've read and heard from folks is 10 years MAX on these heavy tires but if the sidewalls start cracking before that mark, then change them sooner. If the rig stays indoors between uses then it's usually pretty easy to go 10 years.

Petes put some Handcooks on there last year.   I asked Pete what he would put on and he recommended the Handcooks.   He said if you want to pay triple get the Michelins they will last  more years. 
I installed the Hannooks as well from Petes and FMCA pricing. They will match the FMCA pricing without the hassle of having to wait for FMCA shipping. 
always been a Michelin tire guy, the Hannooks ride just fine. 

Heard the same. Not worth the damage of a blowout. I would replace at 7 years or sooner. I am a freak about tires though.

Back