Pumper helmet with internal flipdown sunglasses?

azyxzer

Reaction score
I was riding my street bike yesterday (I don't do this often enough) and the sun was really in my eyes when I finally remembered that my helmet has the internal flipdown sunglasses. They work great, even with my prescription glasses. I don't know why I never thought of it before, but does anyone know of an offroad pumper helmet that has this feature? It would be the nuts on the "just before the sun goes down" dune rides when the sun is in and out of your face. Also good on offroad rides when it keeps changing from cloudy to clear.

I think it would probably have to be a side air model to keep the mechanism from interfering with the airflow. Also probably have to be able to change the flipdown lens fairly easily since the "leakage" sand and dust would take their toll.

No, but I'd sure like to see this street bike helmet you're talking about?

never seen one either, you can always add a pumper attachment and make some grooves in the foam to direct the air flow.

Yes, PCI has them

I would also look into the transition style lens, I found one for around $70 when the clears are close to $40.

Here is the street bike helmet I have: https://shoei-helmets.com/products/neotec-ii.html

I might have a $10 head but unfortunately it isn't a $10 helmet ;). It works great as long as I can remember to use it...

Thanks for the tip on the PCI helmet, I will take a look at them. Transitions lenses are good too, I should see if they make one for my current helmet.

I saw somewhere here where someone mentioned putting a strip of tape across the top of the visor. That is a good trick, and I do that too.

this looks like it would be a good addition to a full face helmets. I need to pick one up for this season myself.

1725976568390.png

I have a Klim pumper helmet that has a flip down visor.

Here is the street bike helmet I have: https://shoei-helmets.com/products/neotec-ii.html

I might have a $10 head but unfortunately it isn't a $10 helmet ;). It works great as long as I can remember to use it...

Thanks for the tip on the PCI helmet, I will take a look at them. Transitions lenses are good too, I should see if they make one for my current helmet.

I saw somewhere here where someone mentioned putting a strip of tape across the top of the visor. That is a good trick, and I do that too.

That's bad azz.

Does it seriously help with the noise reduction?? The pipes on my Harley are LOUD! 😱

What street bike do you have? I didn't realize that you had one!

She gone now... too many plates, screws, and broken body parts for me to street ride in SoCal anymore so I let'r go. It was a 15 FJR1300 in black that looked just like this one. Before that, and the one I was on when the illegal alien with no insurance put me in the hospital was an air cooled 1986 FJ1200 in red/white/black exactly like the one below

Attachments

• FJR1300.jpg
    FJR1300.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
  • FJ1200.jpg
    FJ1200.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 2
She gone now... too many plates, screws, and broken body parts for me to street ride in SoCal anymore so I let'r go. It was a 15 FJR1300 in black that looked just like this one. Before that, and the one I was on when the illegal alien with no insurance put me in the hospital was an air cooled 1986 FJ1200 in red/white/black exactly like the one below

OMG...

That FJR looks amazing!!! What a beautiful ride. 🤩🤩🤩

Both were amazing bikes and I miss riding a lot! I was in Maryland last month and my buddy that lives there had me ride his 1000RR for a 4 hour ride through the winding wooded roads back there.... I got the itch again but not scratching it until I leave this God forsaken state. Ortega, Idyllwild, Big Bear, Cuyamaca.... all the good roads are littered with idiots around here that make it a lot less safe and a lot less fun, not to mention the cage drivers that haven't a clue...

Both were amazing bikes and I miss riding a lot! I was in Maryland last month and my buddy that lives there had me ride his 1000RR for a 4 hour ride through the winding wooded roads back there.... I got the itch again but not scratching it until I leave this God forsaken state. Ortega, Idyllwild, Big Bear, Cuyamaca.... all the good roads are littered with idiots around here that make it a lot less safe and a lot less fun, not to mention the cage drivers that haven't a clue...

Amen brother. I never thought I'd say this, but...

Im looking forward to leaving CA as well.

I have the internal shield on my Shoei street helmet too. Love it, didn’t know where were any pumper helmets with that feature.

I have a Transitions lens on my Bell pumper helmet, it’s nice but sometimes doesn’t react as fast as I’d like. Like when you are in and out of shadows constantly.

Does it seriously help with the noise reduction?? The pipes on my Harley are LOUD! 😱
What did you say? Sorry, I can't hear you;).

But seriously, no, I have a Vulcan 1600 with Vance and Hines pipes and it is also LOUD! I wouldn't claim that the helmet does much in that regard.

I used to be a crotch rocket guy but now in old age have gone to a cruiser. I tell everyone that it might not be that fast but it would make one hell of a cement mixer! No tach but I think the rev limiter kicks in at 4800 rpm or something, and the powerband starts at about 400 rpm or so.

Back