ProAm-2D Shifter Adjustment

ChasingSand

Reaction score
Just installed my rebuilt 2D and am having issues adjusting the shifter. For context the set screw at the shifter fell out while driving last season at it was never correct after that.

Issue I am having is, the tranny builder said to adjust shift rod length, you want to ensure the shifter is standing straight up. Then you can adjust side to side. 1st and 2nd feel great but 3rd and forth do not.

Not sure how to ensure I have the set screw for the shaft in the correct spot. Any Help?

When I did mine I called Pro Am to ask for pointers. If I remember correctly the guy said to put the transaxle in 4th and the stick where 4th would be then tack weld the u-joints to the shift shaft. I put the transaxle in 1st and the stick in 1st with the thought that I wanted 1st and 2nd lined up (if that is the correct term) in relation to reverse. All gears shifted great without any adjustment to the side set screws.

When I think I have it just fine it likes like it’s catching on something when you move it side to side in neutral

Update. 1/2 are like butter but 3/4 clunk into gear. Reverse is perfect as well.

Have you driven your car yet? Trans parts slide together better when everything is moving. You may find that 3/4 clunk goes away if your gearbox is spinning.

Have you driven your car yet? Trans parts slide together better when everything is moving. You may find that 3/4 clunk goes away if your gearbox is spinning.
I have not. Motor is still out. Hoping that is the issue

Back