Pro R Vs Turbo R

URCLEVER

Reaction score
I am considering buying a 2 seat Pro R. I enjoyed my Pro Xp and loved my turbo s 4 seater. I know many of you guys had different variety of these rzr's. Looking to see what is best bang for buck. Will mainly be the wife and daughters ride until I find a nice 2 seat LS funco. And or night ride car. Let me know your thoughts...

Just picked up a '23 turbo r4 ultimate.  Haven't driven it yet, but I like the many, small improvements (I still have a '20 Turbo S).  I feel the motor really needs about $1200. (tuner, catless exhaust, etc.) and they run cooler and WAY more peppy than stock.  My stage 1 turbo S is a handful in 2wd on hardpack.  I like the fact that it is quieter than the Pro R, smaller than Pro R (still bigger than my Monster Manx), easier to change belts and I know my way around the 2 cylinder very well.  The noise was a big deal to me (although the Pro R does have a better sound IMO, just too loud).

Had the two seater suspension was great in a straight line after driving a funco for years it was not for me sold it

Just buy your wife a 2 seat LS3 Revo until you find her a Funco😀😀

the pro R has a true locking front differential and some throttle pedal sensitivity switch the Turbo R does not have.  Both have the same suspension but the Pro R has a longer wheel base.  The Pro R has bigger clutches.   Cant go wrong with either one.  The weight of these new cars really force the suspension to work. 

Pro R engine, drive train, and bigger clutches are what would sway me to get it over the Turbo R. 

Sounds like Pro R is the crowd favorite. now i just need to find a decent price on one new or used.

I was in the same boat, had a Pro R 4 Ultimate on the way and a turbo r 4 ultimate caught my eye at $9000 less, I went with the turbo as we ride at high altitude a lot, my buddy has the Pro R. They both shift between f / r / low / high like crap. The Pro R is 8" longer all in the trailing arms, it does have a locking diff but in Moab I went everywhere he could and then some. I think I remember the Pro R having a "stronger" cage. All in all I'm happy with the decision and 9k goes a long way in improving the car. Ive put car to car in, rims and paddles, spare tire rack and a few other goodies and still have a few grand in the pocket. 

two other things.  Polaris seems to be really dealing on SxS's.  I got my '23 turbo r4 ultimate for $8500 off of sticker ($31,500).  I would definitely go dynamix.  The new dynamix with 4 ride modes, electronic compression and rebound adjustment and the ability to raise/lower ride height and stiffen the outer shocks during cornering and front shocks when braking is light years ahead of the previous generation that only had three modes and only affected compression adjustment.

Thank you for the feedback. 9k is a lot of savings and I forgot the belts are behind the seat on the pro R. And i hated that on my rzr 800. Not easy to deal with.

Thank you for the feedback. 9k is a lot of savings and I forgot the belts are behind the seat on the pro R. And i hated that on my rzr 800. Not easy to deal with.
Its not that bad , but yes more chit to move than it being on the side.  BUT you will not have to worry about belts with the Pro-r.  I have 1800 miles on mine and no belt needed, i just changed it because i went with a tune and clutch kit.  

has anyone tried the king shocks on the PRO R? wonder if they are better than the dynamix...

has anyone tried the king shocks on the PRO R? wonder if they are better than the dynamix...
King vs. Fox...the lifelong debate.  Can't go wrong with either brand as long as they are set up properly for your car.

IDK but the live valve dynamix technology is moving very quickly.  The new stuff is way better than the '20-'21 stuff.  At some point, the old school won't be able to keep up.  I'm sure a perfectly set up Alumicraft is amazing for the terrain that it is set up for, but you can have a dynamix that will raise/lower the car, stiffen the outside shocks when you corner, stiffen the fronts when on the brakes and the new stuff has four presets (versus three with previous generation).  Haven't pushed the new stuff to the limit yet, but nice to have a car that can be good in the desert, good in the rocks and good in the dunes with just pushing a button.

Back