Polaris reveals Specs for RV Park, Retail/Commercial Space, Permanent “Vendors' Row” and More at Glamis

LegitDuner

Reaction score
On one hand… Cool. Money and investment means there’s a $$$ stake in keeping them open.

On the other hand… Corporations (and their legal teams) ruin fracking everything. 
This is exactly what I thought.  I can count on exactly zero fingers where big industry has made something better than it was.  

I loved the small mom and pop feel of everything glamis.  But in an age of folks happy to pay $60k for a SxS, I will surely be in the minority. 

good and bad its good because polaris is commiting to the dunes and more than likely fight anything that threatens closing riding opportunities and land there. they also have deep pockets and the resources to put up a fight its also nice to see a manufacturer spending money to improve the area. the bad is that the are adding a target on glamis for the eco natzies. also sounds like the will be putting up a few buildings what will happen to the current store 

I always wondered why nobody put in an RV park or at least RV spaces. Seems like lots of folks would be willing to pay if there were some amenities like power, water, sewer, etc? I care less about hook ups but would gladly pay if they can prevent blaring music at all hours and people doing circles around your camp at 3 am. But I’m just an old fart and most are more tolerant of these things 😀😀

I always wondered why nobody put in an RV park or at least RV spaces
There was one there many years ago. The store was on the other side of the hiway and attached was a rv park. It always looked unkept as the sand was a constant reminder of where you were. 

IMO, this is a sad turn of events about to take place. Just hope they vacate in the summertime.

Well corporations want money so at least u know where their loyalty lies. With govt no one knows what ur gonna get.  Btw, honda is the largest donor to the Sierra Club and all the BS they do. That is why i would rather die than spend $1 for honda products.

Yeah, corporations ruin everything! Las Vegas was way better when the mob owned the hotels and ran the city. That place sucks now.
I liked cheap blackjack and craps hell even laughlin aint cheap anymore.

Yeah, corporations ruin everything! Las Vegas was way better when the mob owned the hotels and ran the city. That place sucks now.
Nature already made everything needed in Glamis. Anything else is just gonna be typical consumer bullshet filled with typical consumer idiots. 

“You know what would really make this weekend epic? Some Siegfried and Roy”

Said facking no one. :biggrin:

Well corporations want money so at least u know where their loyalty lies. With govt no one knows what ur gonna get.  Btw, honda is the largest donor to the Sierra Club and all the BS they do. That is why i would rather die than spend $1 for honda products.
A quick Google search netted me zero results. Where can this be found, I'm genuinely interested

RV Park will ruin the current RAMP and undeveloped camping we have...

Or because it's on the private owned land section they can do it?

I dont care what they do on the private land, only how it impacts the public area in whole.

I dont care what they do on the private land, only how it impacts the public area in whole.
Gordon’s Well has had a private RV park right next door for quite some time. No real impact I can tell. 

A RV park with hook ups will be big $$$. Power needs to be brought in, Water has to be potable and the sewage needs a place to go. These are the big hurdles.

Power will need to be solar or brought from the mine, either are not going to be cheap.

Water the well was drilled a few years back but contamination in the ground water from the mine made it undrinkable and the cost of the filter system  just to keep the Pizza place and Bar open was cost prohibited, Now they are looking at doubling the amount of water 

Sewage, They(County) would not allow the storage facility to install a septic system with leach field I am sure they will not allow that for a RV park, which means pumping and transportation costs.

I know Polaris has deep pockets but I just don't see them spending millions to get back pennies. Any permanent structures in the Vendors area's will have the same issues with the county and health department. They would never allow a restaurant to have a couple of porta potties out front. Right now they are working around with "Food Truck" rules and regulations but once they pull a permit for a building, that building will have to meet code. 

This is Spinal Taps "Smell the Glove" record cover, We will see what they can actually get out of Imperial County as far as what is financially doable.  

Back