Polaris Pro-r review

megadesertdiesel

Reaction score
I Put 148 foot to the floor hard dune miles on the new pro-r two seater this weekend. Overall I’m impressed. 

the good:

-power is plentiful and doesn’t stop pulling. 
-suspension is unreal and great right out of the box.
-visibility is as good as it gets
-oh chit button is wicked cool
-interior is car like with easy to reach and use switches and ride command

The bad:
-power delivery is very linear and you don’t feel any hard hit.
[SIZE=11.5pt]-engine and clutch noise is pretty loud, just as bad as the x3. But I always wear custom earplug communication so that [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]doesn't[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] really bother me. [/SIZE]
-noisy swaybars, they rack side to side and clunk.
-click six seat belts take some getting used to smashing your thighs, have to make sure you nutsac is properly placed. The shoulder harnesses are loose until you start bouncing around then tighten up.

Over all I love the car. I ran around in comfort mode and just used the oh chit button during rough g-outs. Track mode I used for whoops ant olds and down sand highway at 75mph. The anti dive and shock stiffening of the outside shocks during a turn make fast drifting corners a blast while never lifting a rear tire like the x3 does. 

The Packard tires at 17psi just spun everywhere and once I ran them down to 10psi they hooked and worked like I expected them to. I duned With a guy who has the Packard tires comp cut and he hates them and they just fold back due to the rubber cut away.

[SIZE=11.5pt]I love they way this car dunes and its what i have been looking for in power and suspension wise. The Dynamix suspension cuts down on body roll, dive and still lets the car run soft to get through the chop and cross ruts easily.  Then running hard it soaks up whoops and with the oh chit button to cover the g-outs [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]I'm[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] golden!  Well [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]that's[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] until the stock springs start to sag.  [/SIZE]

1.jpg

3.jpg

12.jpg

you should check out the video Packard posted yesterday on IG.  Stock Pro R with their supercharger kit ripping in the dunes.  Car was impressive and looked like it could easily wheelie over backwards off of small lips.  

You should see those new Speed cars that are coming out..
That would be Awesome / I don’t believe anyone has seen one yet BUT according to all the rumbling, I hear they are a REAL GAME CHANGER!

exciting times!!!! Reminds me of the old Heinz katsup commercial 

Anticipation…………Anticipation……….hes making me wait :lol:

:poule:

Interesting comment about the power.

Buddy has a 4 seater and he wishes it had more.

When he tried to follow us in cars, we would walk him in the big stuff.

His X3 which had motor work, we wouldn't walk him.

Interesting comment about the power.

Buddy has a 4 seater and he wishes it had more.

When he tried to follow us in cars, we would walk him in the big stuff.

His X3 which had motor work, we wouldn't walk him.
4 seater weighs a lot more than the 2 seater.  I drove two different 4 seat Pro Rs with two different paddle set ups.  The one with the Tensor sand tires seems to scoot a lot better. 

Chasing my friend around in his 1000+hp Funco is a chore in the big sweeping bowls in my X3.   

Last edited by a moderator:
17psi?  Is that why there are RZR bumps everywhere? :biggrin:

I run 18psi.. now I rarely toss belts.. that’s ‘the trick’ IMO.

abc

I Put 148 foot to the floor hard dune miles on the new pro-r two seater this weekend. Overall I’m impressed. 

the good:

-power is plentiful and doesn’t stop pulling. 
-suspension is unreal and great right out of the box.
-visibility is as good as it gets
-oh chit button is wicked cool
-interior is car like with easy to reach and use switches and ride command

The bad:
-power delivery is very linear and you don’t feel any hard hit.
[SIZE=11.5pt]-engine and clutch noise is pretty loud, just as bad as the x3. But I always wear custom earplug communication so that [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]doesn't[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] really bother me. [/SIZE]
-noisy swaybars, they rack side to side and clunk.
-click six seat belts take some getting used to smashing your thighs, have to make sure you nutsac is properly placed. The shoulder harnesses are loose until you start bouncing around then tighten up.

Over all I love the car. I ran around in comfort mode and just used the oh chit button during rough g-outs. Track mode I used for whoops ant olds and down sand highway at 75mph. The anti dive and shock stiffening of the outside shocks during a turn make fast drifting corners a blast while never lifting a rear tire like the x3 does. 

The Packard tires at 17psi just spun everywhere and once I ran them down to 10psi they hooked and worked like I expected them to. I duned With a guy who has the Packard tires comp cut and he hates them and they just fold back due to the rubber cut away.

[SIZE=11.5pt]I love they way this car dunes and its what i have been looking for in power and suspension wise. The Dynamix suspension cuts down on body roll, dive and still lets the car run soft to get through the chop and cross ruts easily.  Then running hard it soaks up whoops and with the oh chit button to cover the g-outs [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]I'm[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] golden!  Well [/SIZE][SIZE=15.3333px]that's[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt] until the stock springs start to sag.  [/SIZE]

View attachment 51020

View attachment 51021

View attachment 51022
Nice review. I seen some 2 seaters run on vets weekend, they looked impressive. The 4 seaters seem to be dogs when watching them. I have yet to drive one. Was considering a turbo r 4. Just undecisive because really would want a 4 seater for the wife and kids

The suspension allows you to stay in the throttle longer, need to dune with a little more momentum (old school duning).  I will always take more suspension than power, but it is also great to have both.

The suspension allows you to stay in the throttle longer, need to dune with a little more momentum (old school duning).  I will always take more suspension than power, but it is also great to have both.
You can carry a lot more momentum knowing the suspension can soak up just about everything. 

Back