Polaris Phoenix??

Stinky

Reaction score
I finally sold my 2 utility ATVs and am trying to replace them w/sport ATVs.  I am trying to get something that the grand-kids can ride.  I just bought a Honda 250TRX (w/the verticle cylinder, drive-shaft, and auto-clutch).  

There is a real shortage of sport bikes in my area.  There is a guy on Marketplace that has a bike just like what I bought, but he is a flake, and is hard to keep in contact with....3 strikes, and he is out.  I'm in sort of a time crunch, we are meeting in March at the dunes.

One of the available ones is a Polaris Phoenix 200, w/a CVT trans.  It is a 4-stroke w/4 valves (I think).  Generally speaking, I am a Jap-bike kind of guy (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, but not Kaw).  

Anybody have any experience with them?

All the Polaris (all kids quads from 50-200cc) in our group seem to do real good. The 200 auto seems to pull them around all dunes pretty well. FWIW 

They are made in china, i have a 2020 polaris 110 and its a complete POS all bikes 50-200 are made in china, all pieces of garbage. The swing arm completely broke off my 10 year old daughters 110 (had it since she was 8), last trip all the bolts sheared off the rear sprocket (cheap chinesium hardware). long and short bike runs great and is easy with the efi, but everything else is failing around it

I’ve never had a 200, but from what i’ve see  on my 110 i’ll pass on a 200 and get a raptor 125 or 250. The outlaw 50 i have has been fine, but it doesnt go fast enough to break from riding

Sounds to me like you need to take a drive to Southern Cali for a good one. There are so many available out here to choose from. I would definitely stick with the top 3 Japs. I say no no to Po-Po. Good luck! 

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother in law bought a phoenix 200 for his wife many years ago.

my nephew was riding it when he was about 11-12. It’s pretty relaible- gas and go.

being cvt there is no engine braking. It can get you to olds from was 6. It will only go up about 1/2 to 2/3 up olds just doesn’t have the power.

it has been as reliable as my kids Polaris 50 and 90 2 strokes.

How old are the grand kids . IMO it’s a decent beginner quad or loaner quad for newbs.

Gks are 18, 16, 13 (all boys), then a 11yoa girl (who wont ride).

But, reinforcements are likely to arrive at any time.

Back