Please welcome 928 X Motorsports to our site sponsors.

Had the pleasure of meeting John the owner a few weeks ago when I delivered a car to him. Super good dude, great shop, lots of parts in stock. And only 70 miles from Gecko Rd. 

Welcome, I checked out their home page and it looks like a well stocked shop.

They are located in Yuma.

Storage too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

928X Motorsports is a family owned and operated shop located in Yuma, Arizona (about 25 miles from Buttercup and 65 miles from Glamis). We opened 928X Motorsports two years ago with the intent of servicing the Off-road community. We have a very well rounded crew here at our shop, let me give you some insight on their experience. 

John Thompson is in charge of Engine development, Tuning, repair and off-road prep.  John has 34 years of experience working with the most basic repair to the most high end builds.

Our business partner Nick Hoffman is a very well rounded technician.  Nick worked for Automotive Diagnostic Specialties for almost 19 years.  Nick has engine building experience, diagnostic training ,specializes in wiring and is a Certified ASE Master tech.

Devin Cline is our in house dyno tuner and technician as well. Devin has worked with John and Nick for nearly 19 years and is very well versed at tuning Holley, Fast EFI, MEFI, Motec and HP tuners.  Our Mustang brand MD1100 dyno is capable of supporting up to 3000 horsepower!

We have a fully equipped state of the art fabrication department ran by Hector Ordaz. Hector is just an absolutely talented fabricator/welder.  Please check out our Facebook page and see his incredible talent for yourself.

The Side by Side and general service department is ran by Brendan Mahaydik and Jamie Hill. These two guys know Can Am's and Polaris products like the back of their hands. No job is to big for these guys.  We work with several  insurance companies to get you back on the trails in case of an accident.  We also offer transport if you are in a pinch.

928X Motorsports carries many parts in stock so that if you break something at the dunes we can help you get back out there. 

928X Motorsports stocks Paddle tires, Packard wheels, 5150 and Buggy whips, Havoc goggles, PRP and Crow products, Baja design and KC lights, EPI belts, B&M, MSD, Edelbrock, Earls, Finish Line Factory, AEM, Russel, Mr. Gasket, Flowmaster, and many, many more products.

My name is Brooke, I am the front desk receptionist and will keep up to date on new inventory for our dune friends and John will be on here as well!

Thanks again and happy duning!

Brooke 

928X Motorsports Team

I'm still still duning the Sandwinder I bought from John 11 years ago.  I've made a lot of changes to the buggy since then but John is a great guy.

Heck yeah!! Welcome! You guys can definitely benefit from this board. I would love to see some pics and weekly updates of what's going on around the shop to encourage those on the fence to make contact. Thanks! 

I have a BFD 4 seater that could use a roof. Is it possible to give me a ballpark quote to tab the frame and make a roof with a rear cap for 2 taillights. 

Hozay and I just stopped by 928x and wow what a store and shop. 

Got the 10c tour and it's impressive. Clean, organized and full of high end cars, rails and sxs's 

Thanks for the tour and for having what we needed. 

@928X Motorsports

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to John on the Phone, he is great to deal with, Ready to start sending John some business.  Thank you John for all the help in the past,   

I have been using John when he worked at ADS in Chandler over 15 years ago.  If you guys have not gone over to his new shop 928x Motorsports in Yuma you really should. He stocks everything.  Amazing supply of parts and labor.  When I was there dropping off my new Funco for servicing I saw, dirt bikes getting new engine, 65 Nova, drag mustangs, Racer Sand cars , Tatums, street cars and more.  He had a line of 10 Can am's he was servicing and fixing.  They do it all.  A one stop shop for gear heads and there street and offroad toys.  Devin His tuner is amazing and plan on at least 2 days of full tuning.  He gets at least 4 cold starts and doesn't finish until it is perfect.   Last 383 he tuned he went though 30 gal of gas getting it dialed in. Now for John his whole family works there to start and I have never had a business care so much about my car and about his customers.  He truly cares about his customers.  He goes the extra mile for sure and I have many stories about how great his customer service and commutation is with me over the years. You simply can't go wrong with going to his shop.  He will even pick cars up at the dunes if needed. (there is a fee) After spring break My Funco is going in for some minor issues that bother me and a full new tune. (Last tuner made it super safe and detuned the car. also need to smooth out some issues) I didn't spend 40k on an engine package to have it detuned so John and Devin will give me a dialed in ride ready for Idaho and summer trips.  Do yourself a favor and go down there and talk to him and check out his Amazing Shop you won't be disappointed. 

Back