Playing in traffic in your side by side

onanysunday

Reaction score
So tis the season for complete idiots on the road. Today running a couple of non Christmas errands I got cut off and almost run at head on. Literally in a neighborhood 30 zone I had a truck almost all the way in my lane across the double yellow lines. Pulled way over to the curb and let this idiot finish his texting and move on.  Everyone is in a huge hurry and don't care about being nice. Also today like usual in AZ I saw several side by sides playing in traffic. Of course some driving like they stole it. Normal deal. Got me thinking about getting in a wreck with a car or truck. Do they do any safety testing at all for the road? Sure you have a cage but we know how these things fold up when crashed. Also no crumple zones like cars and trucks. As for me, I have no wish to take Mine and play in traffic. What say you. 

there are several communities here in California that totally blatantly breaking laws and driving SXS on the roads and offroading in the foot hills etc.

Yes they are getting in accidents with regular cars on the streets and they DO NOT FARE WELL!

SXS wouldn't stand a chance even hit by a compact. 

Side-by-side OHV don't belong on the streets and highways.

They are great fun where they're made to be used in an offroad environment...

For sure.. you should see what my Suburban (teenage daughter driving it) did to a compact she rear ended at like 15-20mph.. thing was crushed. The whole 'Sign n' Drive' deal where someone could walk in with $300 down and $300 a month is what scares me (not implying that someone who could pay cash would be a safer driver),.. just creates more of them out there likely with little experience.

That's why I really really didn't want to buy my daughter a quad and wanted her to get used to driving one of the RZRs. I think I'll demand to go with the girls so I can at least run blocker if I see some chucklehead that they don't.

.. Play stupid games.. prizes... etc.

This lowlife hit a 7 year old kid and his dad crossing the street in downtown Albuquerque on 12/12/21 with a RZR after leaving a bar. They were visiting one of the downtown Christmas light displays. Drug the kid underneath and killed him. Dad ended up in critical condition. Dumbass is on the run now.

Screenshot_20211223-145221.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This lowlife hit a 7 year old kid and his dad crossing the street in downtown Albuquerque on 12/12/21 with a RZR after leaving a bar. Drug the kid underneath and killed him. Dad ended up in critical condition. Dumbass is on the run now.

View attachment 21713
Check the border... wonder how good his Spanish is... I think we're getting better at catching those 'run to Mexico' fugitives so it seems from what I've been reading lately.

Hope they get him!

abc

Check the border... wonder how good his Spanish is... I think we're getting better at catching those 'run to Mexico' fugitives so it seems from what I've been reading lately.

Hope they get him!

abc
They think that might be the case. US Marshals are already on it

Horrible about that child and father! 

But a SXS is probably just as safe as that Polaris slingshot trike they sell. They built a trike to circumvent the safety laws associated with cars. The trike is registered as a motorcycle, so no safety or impact requirements.  

I think the way they're catching these guys is that the locals see someone 'out of place' and turn the people in for a reward. $5k goes a long way in Mexico.

abc

See them often on streets here in az mostly around town.I paid an extra few bucks to have my cr500 plated its nice to run down to mini mart on it.

Back