Pikes Peak crash

onanysunday

Reaction score
Can't imagine trying to go that fast in those conditions.

After riding up Pikes Peak a couple years ago I am even more impressed at how fast these drivers navigate this climb!

That is a fun road as long as the law does not catch you speeding.

Will’s fast. Sucks he wrecked, lots of time and money in that build. 

It was better when it was just gravel. I remember when the pavement ended roughly 5 miles into the climb.

I was stationed at FT. Carson in 87 & 88. My buddy and I pulled CQ (fire watch) duty in the barracks the day of the race. You’re on for 24 hours then have the next day off. The next morning we were at the end of our shift when our relief showed up. I was looking through a newspaper they brought checking out the race times from the race the day before. 
After talking some shiz about how slow much of the field was my buddy and I decided to give it a go. We headed over to Pikes Peak in my VW Scirocco with 1/2 tank of gas and a sweet joint of the sticky icky.

We got to the gate as they opened and hit the stopwatch. We beat the times of over 1/3 of the field from the previous day’s race. Flat tracking that VW using the parking brake worked perfect on the gravel, cruising back down after hitting the hippy lettuce @ 14,000 feet was even better. I thought for sure the cops would be waiting for us on the way out…

How did they get that camera angle of the back wing? You can see something mounted on the wing, but when they go to the rear camera there is no shaft going to the camera. Plus it looks further back. Also when he crashes it looks like the camera follows him. 

How did they get that camera angle of the back wing? You can see something mounted on the wing, but when they go to the rear camera there is no shaft going to the camera. Plus it looks further back. Also when he crashes it looks like the camera follows him. 
I was curious about that myself. Gotta be one badass follow me drone.

360 camera doesnt show the stick most of the time. Its also in the editing/angles

It was better when it was just gravel. I remember when the pavement ended roughly 5 miles into the climb.

I was stationed at FT. Carson in 87 & 88. My buddy and I pulled CQ (fire watch) duty in the barracks the day of the race. You’re on for 24 hours then have the next day off. The next morning we were at the end of our shift when our relief showed up. I was looking through a newspaper they brought checking out the race times from the race the day before. 
After talking some shiz about how slow much of the field was my buddy and I decided to give it a go. We headed over to Pikes Peak in my VW Scirocco with 1/2 tank of gas and a sweet joint of the sticky icky.

We got to the gate as they opened and hit the stopwatch. We beat the times of over 1/3 of the field from the previous day’s race. Flat tracking that VW using the parking brake worked perfect on the gravel, cruising back down after hitting the hippy lettuce @ 14,000 feet was even better. I thought for sure the cops would be waiting for us on the way out…
I think I saw a movie about you and your buddy once…

image.jpeg

That motor just keeps climbing RPMs sounded healthy 
His previous build (which this one is fairly close to) is documented here:

https://motoiq.com/the-king-of-speed-pz-tunings-amazing-time-attack-civic/

That was gnarly!

Lucky to crash where he did otherwise he's off the edge to oblivion!

Those guys are just nuts!

SO, THE BIG QUESTION......DOM vs CHROMOLY????  :bag:

:lmao:

Back