Picked up a new truck

SYBIZ

Reaction score
Custom ordered this F250 with the 7.3L. I've been impressed with the motor and trans combo in the little time I've spent with it. Yes, MPG suck but the Smiles Per Gallon are high! I've priced out an Icon 2.5" level kit with 35's but haven't pulled the trigger mainly because I'm afraid of how much worse the MPG could get with the larger tires. 

IMG_3027.jpg

Nice.. I just picked up a 2024 myself it has been a really nice upgrade from my 2019. 

Nice.. I just picked up a 2024 myself it has been a really nice upgrade from my 2019. 
Have you done any mods to it yet? I removed the steps it came with and put the Tremor steps on and trimmed the valance. 

Other than the 10 speed what were nicer benefits? I'm in the market for a new(to me) F250 and like the 10 speeds, but am not opposed to the 6 speed either. I have a 7.3 now so anything is an upgrade over the 4r100

Nice. I’ve been happy with my 7.3 gasser. The 10k savings over the diesel will pay for a lot of fuel to cover the lower MPG.

Ive got the f350 with 3.73 gears, does yours have the 3.55, or 4.30 gears?

Get PMF rear lowering shackles or lowering blocks for $250. Run 35’s no rubbing and it will ride like a dream, and no bump steer. 

Nice. I’ve been happy with my 7.3 gasser. The 10k savings over the diesel will pay for a lot of fuel to cover the lower MPG.

Ive got the f350 with 3.73 gears, does yours have the 3.55, or 4.30 gears?

I ordered it with the 4:30's. 

Get PMF rear lowering shackles or lowering blocks for $250. Run 35’s no rubbing and it will ride like a dream, and no bump steer. 
Yea, I've heard of this but I'd like to see what that looks like. 

I know everyone does it, but why does a 4wd truck need to be levelled?

The rear bumper and bed steps are a great feature, getting into the bed of my '19 is difficult. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone does it, but why does a 4wd truck need to be levelled?

The rear bumper and bed steps are a great feature, getting into the bed of my '19 is difficult. 
I just like the way it looks TBH. 35's will clear with no lift but a little more clearance for offroading would be good. 

Have you done any mods to it yet? I removed the steps it came with and put the Tremor steps on and trimmed the valance. 
I have only tinted the windows so far.  Got a quote for a lift but have not pulled trigger yet. 

Other than the 10 speed what were nicer benefits? I'm in the market for a new(to me) F250 and like the 10 speeds, but am not opposed to the 6 speed either. I have a 7.3 now so anything is an upgrade over the 4r100
For me it just looks and feels like a much nicer truck inside and out.  The 10 speed is really nice, but I believe in 2020 they had increased the HP and torque over the 2019 so between the gearing and motor upgrades if feels a lot more powerful and runs really smooth and quiet.   They now come std. with LED lights on the Lariat which are nice and even though the interior is very similar it still feels much nicer inside with the new dash and other minor changes. 

Nice ride!  Best 3/4 ton out, diesel included, IMO.  

Back