PCI Intercom - DSP Needed?

kazuaki

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from my current Rugged intercom to a PCI Elite unit with bluetooth. My question is, how much difference does the DSP make? What difference exactly would I notice? It's about a $200 option. I assume my current Rugged (696 Plus) doesn't have any such feature. Intended use is in a Can Am with 2-4 people all wearing helmets with wiring kits. Thanks for any feedback.

I went all in on the PCI Trax system with the DSP, i honestly don't notice a difference. Maybe I'm using it wrong, i don't know. But i can tell you everything PCI feels better in your hands as a product than RR.

Not sure if my PCI Ellite has the DSP feature or not but the best thing mine does have is the driver ISO button. Click on the button radio chatter goes away but the co-driver can still hear it, just in case something important is said over the radio :ROFLMAO:

The DSP does a decent job of filtering out wind and engine noise. When adjusted it kinda gives the voice a robot sound. Typing this out, I don't know if the DSP functions while playing music but I dont know why is wouldn't. I personally like the sound of my car so I don't play music.

Back