Park-Lock Parking Brake

Stinky

Reaction score
I just bought a street legal rail.  It has no parking brake.  I'd like to have one.

Anybody used one of those in-line hydaulic parking brakes?

Tried one years ago on my Chenowth Genesis. Didn't hold very well. Might have been me, not sure. 

Do a quick google search on SxS foot pedal parking brake.  Mabee you can use one of them for your application. Not sure.

There was a member that went through big lengths on the old board to put a true mechanical parking brake on his buggy for street legal.  From his explanation, the function had to be a different system/mechanism from the regular brake.  Like you couldn't use the Park loc.  He did this to get his street legal cert, but you already have it.

There was a member that went through big lengths on the old board to put a true mechanical parking brake on his buggy for street legal.  From his explanation, the function had to be a different system/mechanism from the regular brake.  Like you couldn't use the Park loc.  He did this to get his street legal cert, but you already have it.
I think @Onebigjohn did it. The Parking brake had to be fully mechanical and not hydraulic.

I think @Onebigjohn did it. The Parking brake had to be fully mechanical and not hydraulic.
He may have as well, but not the member I'm thinking of...  He had a smaller blue buggy and went so far as to mount fenders to the control arms.  Fab'd a disc to sandwich to a 930 with a mechanical caliper.

He may have as well, but not the member I'm thinking of...  He had a smaller blue buggy and went so far as to mount fenders to the control arms.  Fab'd a disc to sandwich to a 930 with a mechanical caliper.
I remember the exact thread. He lived in Arcadia, CA, not too far from me and I've seen the car in person with his mechanical E brake set up and floating fenders.

Add inboard brakes at the trans/CV

YiUEeC-plfV_a_FJsPz9D21m0pnfLH9R5twMLiF1GT1Y6SxLQHcsvp-9FJbLfzhhm601u9SdeyVRNqMz-2sVsUx0g513gI-eRgkr2J6aJP4

I remember the exact thread. He lived in Arcadia, CA, not too far from me and I've seen the car in person with his mechanical E brake set up and floating fenders.
I think you are talking about my car. I still have some somewhere for 930s and 934s they use the Wilwood Spot caliper. It works OK with just 1 but it satisfy the mechanical requirement.I'm in the process of moving to Texas so they are in storage. If anyone is interested they are $50ea plus 20 bucks for USPS Priority Mail   682-229-5784

DSCN0171.JPG

DSCN0169.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back