Paint colors

realtreeHD

Reaction score
I have a chance to have the body panels of my car painted but I can’t decide on a color.   The entire chassis and seats are all black.  The painter is also willing to add flake to any color which I think could look cool.   I’d like to just do a solid color, and prefer to stay away from anything crazy expensive.  

Any thoughts, suggestions or examples?    Hoping to learn from someone else’s mistakes here

Well, the good thing is that the chassis is black, and that will go with any color...

I'm partial to gray, and red, but depending on the style of the car I also like white. One of my favorite cars of all time was white with black chassis. He was a member here, back in the day, can't remember his name tho...

Anyways post a picture of the car. I think different styles of cars look better in certain colors...

Well, the good thing is that the chassis is black, and that will go with any color...

I'm partial to gray, and red, but depending on the style of the car I also like white. One of my favorite cars of all time was white with black chassis. He was a member here, back in the day, can't remember his name tho...

Anyways post a picture of the car. I think different styles of cars look better in certain colors...
I think your talking about Wild Bills car.  That was one bad ass machine.  I think it is still owned by a member here too.

Miami blue would look super cool on your car...

pic for example

maxresdefault.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your talking about Wild Bills car.  That was one bad ass machine.  I think it is still owned by a member here too.
Was it wide and low? Possibly a scoop on the roof?

The wild bill name sounds familiar, it's funny how I barely describe the car, and somehow you know what I am talking about 🤣

Miami blue would look super cool on your car...

pic for example

View attachment 38884

View attachment 38885
Goddamned catfish rice rocket, LOL

This is where Miami Blue comes from:

566435ade753966fa7b6fd5bd01ca633.jpg

:biggrin:

Was it wide and low? Possibly a scoop on the roof?

The wild bill name sounds familiar, it's funny how I barely describe the car, and somehow you know what I am talking about 🤣
Yep that sure sounds like it.  He was one of the first to do a complete body with the radius cages on a car that wasn't built with them originally.  Frame was black and the body panels were white with a scope on top and it was cray wide and low.

Yep that sure sounds like it.  He was one of the first to do a complete body with the radius cages on a car that wasn't built with them originally.  Frame was black and the body panels were white with a scope on top and it was cray wide and low.
Did it look like that one?

Wild Bill SU pic 1.jpg

wild_bills_014_op_640x480.jpg

Reactions: MWB
Parker and JT are on the right track.  I’m looking for something different.  And it’s summertime so I know we are all bored here.  

this is what I was looking for before I was offered paint.  It’s a wrap from kpmf, color is frozen ruby. It almost looks black until you get it in the sun.  

58FFC585-ACF1-4F9D-8A20-74DFBAE2208D.jpeg

175C9889-55FF-4133-9958-64ADD7E9F067.jpeg

57D6DD42-75DC-4962-9504-23B9AAE0A375.jpeg

C1CAF827-EB89-4300-A71D-79D8AFC70C3B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
RealtreeHD, why not powder coat the panels and wrap it, not sure how wrap holds up to sand tho. Alot of cool graphics out there.

RealtreeHD, why not powder coat the panels and wrap it, not sure how wrap holds up to sand tho. Alot of cool graphics out there.
There’s another thread going here on wrap vs. paint that convinced me paint may hold up longer than a wrap.  I wouldn’t mind either way but I have someone willing to do a quality paint job for a good deal and local wrap places are outrageous. I’d like it to look good so I’m not willing to try to do it myself.  Both are good options but I’m going to try the paint route. 

Back