Paddle Tires

ACarlson

Reaction score
Have a '21 Can Am XRS Turbo RR Max running around 230 hp, looking for recommendations on best paddles for Comp/Olds runs and some dune runs.  Want to go light with good grip.  Always ran Skats on my CR500 back in the day, but haven't been to Glamis with the Can Am.  Appreciate any advice!

Your stock Bighorns aired down will do just fine on the rides you described. I have a 2017 X3 XRS and ran stock tires for 3 seasons no problems. Now running the System 3 SS 360 set up and they are Awesome 

Your stock Bighorns aired down will do just fine on the rides you described. I have a 2017 X3 XRS and ran stock tires for 3 seasons no problems. Now running the System 3 SS 360 set up and they are Awesome 
Did you notice a better forward grip and more stability with the ss360s over the big horns? 

Did you notice a better forward grip and more stability with the ss360s over the big horns? 
Big Horns tend to slip out on you.  The SS360s hold line much better.  If you want to move the rear of the car more you run the front tires backwards.  

Big Horns tend to slip out on you.  The SS360s hold line much better.  If you want to move the rear of the car more you run the front tires backwards.  
My mom wants to get a set of cheaper paddles for her turbo rzr. She just cruises. Can’t decide if she would be better off with stock tires, ss360s or the heavy China molded ones. I feel with stock tires she would have to drive harder to stay on top. I want her to be able to check up and lay into the throttle and get back going easy. 

My mom wants to get a set of cheaper paddles for her turbo rzr. She just cruises. Can’t decide if she would be better off with stock tires, ss360s or the heavy China molded ones. I feel with stock tires she would have to drive harder to stay on top. I want her to be able to check up and lay into the throttle and get back going easy. 
SS360’s was my choice twice. Something that hasn’t been said is I noticed my car ran cooler with them instead of the stock tires and wheels.  Some of the people I dune with show no mercy on a sxs owners. 

Get her the SS360s they float and stay on top of the sand and are a great tire set up.   They are not that expensive compared to the heavy molded tires.    Bonus is the SS360s appear to be more belt friendly.  My friend has them on his X3 and he got 3,000 miles out of his belt running those tires.  Of that 3,000 miles maybe 500 was dirt miles. 

Get her the SS360s they float and stay on top of the sand and are a great tire set up.   They are not that expensive compared to the heavy molded tires.    Bonus is the SS360s appear to be more belt friendly.  My friend has them on his X3 and he got 3,000 miles out of his belt running those tires.  Of that 3,000 miles maybe 500 was dirt miles. 
Good advice. Thank you. Sorry to thread jack OP. 

Howcome nobody ever mentions the s.t.u. 1300? Or the desert-tracks i think on their website they Say they are like 25lbs for the play cut 1300. I went to look at some used ones the other day and they seemed super light weight . 

I also run the ss3 prowedge looking tires. I like the feel of them in 4wd in the dunes. 

Howcome nobody ever mentions the s.t.u. 1300? Or the desert-tracks i think on their website they Say they are like 25lbs for the play cut 1300. I went to look at some used ones the other day and they seemed super light weight . 

I also run the ss3 prowedge looking tires. I like the feel of them in 4wd in the dunes. 
those tires require a 12" wide wheel and 10" is about as wide as  you can find easily.  Sure OMF can make you some 12's but at a cost.  

Back