Outlaw 110 check engine light 🤷‍♂️

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I have a very low hours, Polaris outlaw 110 EFI and I keep getting a check engine light. Thing seems to be running just fine 🤷‍♂️

has a newer battery, just did motor oil and gear oil change, cleaned air filter and put in a brand new plug. 

any idea what could be causing the light? It starts fine, idles fine and runs fine! I’ve read some people mention the fuel injector, but that usually comes with the quad running crappy as well or not starting. 

some searching shows low battery, have you tried that? maybe a dead or dying cell

charging system is inadequate to fully charge the battery unless the engine is kept above 3000 rpm - kids have a tendency to operate at a low speed and over use the brakes and lights. If the battery is charged daily with a 1.25 or less amp output automatic battery charger (Battery Tender*) the battery may last 2 or 3 years. Plug the Battery Tender into a outlet timer and turn it on for about an hour each day when the vehicle is not being used to attain maximum battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:
some searching shows low battery, have you tried that? maybe a dead or dying cell

charging system is inadequate to fully charge the battery unless the engine is kept above 3000 rpm - kids have a tendency to operate at a low speed and over use the brakes and lights. If the battery is charged daily with a 1.25 or less amp output automatic battery charger (Battery Tender*) the battery may last 2 or 3 years. Plug the Battery Tender into a outlet timer and turn it on for about an hour each day when the vehicle is not being used to attain maximum battery life.
Yeah I put a new battery in it, and still getting the light.  It has a diagnostic port, but really don't feel like driving it to the dealer to have it checked. 

Back