Outfront Pump Gas Stroker

Turn and Burn

Reaction score
[SIZE=20.74px]Well John has done it again! John has always been open to doing things differently so this is a pretty cool thing that I think others might like too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]I have a real problem with the hassle of handling race gas or e85. Not so much the cost just the logistics. We were recently going through my daughters Subaru 2.5 (converting it to pump and rebuild after 16 years) and didn’t want to use the previous C&G block and I suggested we use the stroker block, John agreed and said we should also add a stage 1 port job on the heads. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]I’ll let John drop the actual numbers but to say it was impressive is an understatement! My daughter loved the torque of this motor. This is a gen4 Funco that had 3 adults in the car. So when you normally get to a steep vertical with a wicked ca-Chung at the bottom you either keep it in 3rd speed up and take the hit or you downshift into second slow into the dip and then stand on it to go up. This thing just says sure slow down in 3rd go though the dip and stand on it and it will pull like a beast! She said it actually felt like the car was easier to drive due to not having to stress about missing the downshift. You could literally put it in 3rd and dune all day! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]I think John was impressed with how much power this thing made. I’m so impressed I already have another for my wife’s car on order for next summer![/SIZE]

Peace

C5F49EC8-DE12-490E-B1DF-F0B6862E559F.jpeg

E8F0B0FE-8C07-4046-8A09-419FF9D7207D.jpeg

He is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest! Might be a little bit.

I like! This is what I’m looking for. A solid pump gas set up with plenty of torque. Curious on actual numbers. 👍🏻

Thanks Paul  the motor he had in the car was a C&G motor that did 240RWHP on my dyno  it had a gen 1 disco potato turbo, motec etc  240rrwhp on my dyno is 360 engine HP   it did this in the 15-17psi range on race gas  This would be the typical C&G motor from 10-15 years ago.  it was a blast to drive as i owned the car for a few years and my son drove it

anyways we did extensive head work and literally CNC  modded the combustion chambers to get down to 8.3 to 1 with a stroker.  i think we went from 46cc heads to 57cc heads--it was huge but to make it live my target was 8.3  we then required an intercooler fan and ran it @12psi and put on my favorite turbo that can produce 5psi @2000 rpm and full boost @ 2500!  we then put in our stroker shortblock that runs a callies 4340 crank, forged pistons and H beam rods 

the new motor on pump gas actually made the same HP as the C&G Race gas motor with less boost and as you can tell...way more torque.  

My wife and I both love driving this car. It was fun before but now it's simply amazing. The power is definitely on demand and we couldn't be happier with it. Now the next trip just needs to get here faster so we can rip the dunes again. Thank you @John@Outfront and @Turn and Burn

Back