Our new home away from home

Azdunerat

Reaction score
After selling my 2005 K2 last year I got the itch for a new rig and my wife and I started looking. She hated the master bedroom where you could only walk around half the bed. We also really wanted the residential shower.  Took some faith in our salesman but he promised us we would love the Genesis Supreme special edition So we ordered it in September with damn near every bell and whistle we could think of. I wanted to throw out huge props to Hunter Green with Rowley White in Phoenix. He made the process ridiculously easy and made it so we didn’t even want to shop around.  

We did the residential package(more about that later), 3 solar panels, dual lithium batteries, auto level, gen y hitch and a few other little items. Amazingly the coach arrived the week of thanksgiving only for our household to come down with Covid 1 at a time.  We didn’t end up picking it up until This week and hit the road the same day we got it. 

Initial impressions are that genesis still makes a quality hauler. There have been a couple small QC issues that make me ask wtf. The steps had the end covers installed upside down so the screw heads are facing up and it hurts like hell when you step on them. The fireplace in the master doesn’t do the fake flames like it should but that’s an easy warranty item.  The stereo in the living room shuts off every time I try pairing my phone with it and the sub was never connected. One of the drop down legs on the rear couch/bed was missing the lock pin and one cabinet panel was missing inside finish piece so the raw wood catches your finger. 

Overall no major issues and we have been in it for the last 4 days 

The dual slides in the master are sweet and we love having our own closets. 

The Gen Y hitch is the chit! Coming from a 30 foot bumper pull to the gooseneck is night and day better. Also not having a giant hitch sitting In the bed of truck is awesome. 

The residential fridge is a major pain point right now. When we ordered the Genesis website showed a 4 door residential fridge as the upgrade which is what we thought was coming and when it got here is was just a standard fridge. Not a huge problem except the two door fridge does not open all the way, it hits the peninsula when opened 3/4. The bottom drawer is pretty much useless. I cannot understand why you would ever design something this poorly. I will be making a call to Genesis on Monday to talk it through. My wife is not a happy camper and if mama ain’t happy nobody is happy. 

Overall we are thrilled and look forward to years of dune trips and summers camping on the rim. 

pardon the mess but we have been sorting this out for a couple days. 
Also I have no idea why the damn pics are upside down  7181D7C5-CCAA-488A-A1EF-8BFA696904BE.jpeg

66B4BF52-E6F0-4946-91E3-AF2B30D20362.jpeg

7E64C24D-3EC9-4F73-ACB5-E44913BEF539.jpeg

786DCC68-F117-4438-AEF7-80284803A2F2.jpeg

54035F59-8E04-457D-9FE3-60130325CDBD.jpeg

88D13FB4-4CC2-497A-9B2F-D7E05ED442F8.jpeg

06AC2DFB-A66B-407A-9D52-62085C8BBF47.jpeg

It is sweet when you un hook  with a GN set up and the bed is free and clear. Congrats on the new trailer.

Congrats on the new 5er looks sweet sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it

Back