???? On Super C or class 8

Justdirt

Reaction score
I currently have a DP nothing to nice but nice enough( 2006 fleetwood Providence ) I’m looking to upgrade question is to the people with Super C or class 8 would go that route again . I had a 2008 Seneca didn’t care for it at all

I just bought a Renegade Super C and love it. This is my second Super C. All depends what you want, what you plan to do with it, tow, etc. My Renegade is on the M2-106 chassis which is much heavier duty then the Seneca you had. Just like with DP’s, the Super C’s or Class 8 come in all different sizes, capabilities and quality price points. 

I’ve been looking at the renegades with the bigger hp and tow ratings . Don’t want to afford a class 8 that’s equally as nice thought about buying a class 8 but most are not as nice as what I have now unless you spend 300k plus

I bought the Verona 40 VBH which is considered a Super C, not a Class 8. Mine is a 2022 and I bought it new. Yes, it was a smidge over 300k. The Class 8 Renegades new are  more like 500k + You might get one a little less depending on options but not much. You can find used Class 8 depending on what you want. Used Veronas are currently not easy to find. I found one but price was same as new. 

[SIZE=20.74px]The freight liner M2 is a bulletproof chassis for all different super C’s, but still kind of a rough ride. I had a DX3 with the freight liner M2 which was great at pulling big loads without having to manage the RPMs as I did with my DP.  [/SIZE]We recently traded the DX3 in for a Renegade Classic on a freight liner cascadia chassis. what a night and day difference! Expensive but wow, what a dreamy ride. Every time I drive it, I love it more. 

I wish they would at least put the Verona LE on the M2 112 so they could turn the wick up on the L9 to 450 HP, and/or offer the DD13 505 HP.

I wish they would at least put the Verona LE on the M2 112 so they could turn the wick up on the L9 to 450 HP, and/or offer the DD13 505 HP.
The DD13 would be awesome for sure.  I looked at the m2 112 with the 450 as Dynamax offers it. Really, it's very little difference. It's the same engine with a different tune and bigger cooling system to accomodate. Yes, you get 450 hp and 1250 lbs/ft of torque vs the Verona at 360 hp and 1150 torque. I don't think the 100 lbs/ft of torque really makes that much difference. I also think there is an issue with wheelbase on the 112. One of the big selling features for me on the Verona was the extended wheelbase and reduced rear overhang the Verona has. To get this, Renegade gets a custom wheelbase from Freightliner. I don't know for sure but perhaps they can't get this in 112?

[SIZE=20.74px]The freight liner M2 is a bulletproof chassis for all different super C’s, but still kind of a rough ride. I had a DX3 with the freight liner M2 which was great at pulling big loads without having to manage the RPMs as I did with my DP.  [/SIZE]We recently traded the DX3 in for a Renegade Classic on a freight liner cascadia chassis. what a night and day difference! Expensive but wow, what a dreamy ride. Every time I drive it, I love it more. 
The Classic with the Cascadia is a fantastic rig. I may move up to that next time. I can tell you the M2 rides way better than my previous Super C which was the GMC Kodiak c5500 chassis. I get no front end porpoise and the air ride in the rear is a huge improvement. And the air ride seats help a lot for when I do hit those big bumps 

Back