OMF inner reinforcement rings?

GeneralG

Reaction score
Are the OMF inner reinforcement rings worth it for DWT wheels or any wheels for that matter?  Currently have a set of DWT rear wheels with the OMF rings. The fronts do not have the inner rings. Thinking about getting a pair of rings for the fronts to match.  Wondering if they really make a difference in strength or rigidity of the wheel or more for looks?

PXL_20220829_134207683.jpg

I have bent a front wheel just duning.  Don't remember any particularly hard hit on the ride.  I think the rears are better protected from damage due to rear tire size and angle that they could likely hit something.  I would do the fronts given a choice between the two.

Cool thanks, kind of what I was thinking.

I bent a 15” DWT bead lock wheel and had OMF fix the wheel and weld in the stiffener ring. I never had an issue again then I sold the car about 4 years after having it done. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They are definitely worth it and OMF is a great business.  I smashed my wheel on a bush near the canal when I got a little out of shape doing 110mph toward Roadrunner.  Used a BFH to get the bead to hold and it lasted all season.  Took all four wheels to OMF and had the inner stiffener rings installed then re-powder coated.  Very happy with the result.

20191018_141920.jpg

20191018_142430.jpg

20200528_222958.jpg

They absolutely work, not just for looks. 
‘if you bend a rim with rings on them it’s not the rim your concerned about anymore, likely your car is totaled. Lol

Thanks everyone. Rings have been ordered for the front wheels. 

Back