older weekend Warrior 31 ' 5th wheel toy hauler

Johnny

Reaction score
Well these 5th wheel warrior don't have much storage , you basically have under the front bed and at the front where the propane bottles go and that's about it. The wife is sick and tired of me taking up so much room with car parts,floor jack,bottle jack and tools. Anyone have any clever ideas ??. I was thinking about mounting a box on the inside of the ramp between my wheel track width , It couldn't be to deep because you would need the clearance . I also thought about cutting a hole in the rear of the trailer and mounting a box flush mounted to the deck. I wanted to get rid of the back mattress and i would have tons of space But the wife keeps thinking what if the grandkids want to come out . If anyone has done some mods and found more space , Let me know    

Cut the floor and install a storage box in the floor between the frame all the way across with a piano hinge. Mine is going to be 14Wide X 9'deep x 72' across / You can store all sorts of parts in that space. You may be able to do more than 1

You can also add a rack on back like a spare tire rack on a jeep that swings out with a Giant storage Box / Cabinet on the back of the hauler that swings aside. You should be able to get everything in the floor and back of trailer!

:poule:

Thanks Poule 43, I was looking at a flush mount box today that was 19x29x7 1/4  but just was not deep enough, I would like to see yours when you build it .

Thanks 

Back