Ok need new batteries. Group 31s which ones?

Realbadlarry

Reaction score
Not ready for the jump to Lipo...so which 31s?  6vs are too tall for my meridian tray.  

Last edited by a moderator:
We sell sealed less acid centennials all day long. 

Lifeline is so far behind on orders as well as the rest of the battery market. 

I have 54 group 31's on order now and they trickle in. 

The prices keep going up. I don't see them dropping anytime soon.

I put Centennial AGMs in my Moho 5 years ago. Just sold it with them still in there and going strong. 

Got 3 - 8D Centennials from GM for my moho. Lead acid but sealed so no worrying about the water level.

full river batts are awesome if you don't go to lipo
I agree that Full River are great batteries. I have 24 of them for storage to power my off grid vacation cabin. And 6 of them for my house bank in the boat. They fall in between Centennial and Lifeline price wise. If you don’t want to go LiPo, Full River are a great option. 

Our Vectra came with a trio of Duracell AGM group 31s for the house. I believe those can be had at Sam’s Club? I don’t know how old they actually are but we’ve had the rig for 3 years now and they seem to do pretty well for 12V batteries. Plus no leaks or corrosion. I’ll probably replace with another set of AGMs when the time comes, I simply cannot justify the cost of LiPos for how we camp.

Our Vectra came with a trio of Duracell AGM group 31s for the house. I believe those can be had at Sam’s Club? I don’t know how old they actually are but we’ve had the rig for 3 years now and they seem to do pretty well for 12V batteries. Plus no leaks or corrosion. I’ll probably replace with another set of AGMs when the time comes, I simply cannot justify the cost of LiPos for how we camp.
check prices.  Lipos are coming down in price while all other battery's are rising in cost. Still double of the cost though

check prices.  Lipos are coming down in price while all other battery's are rising in cost. Still double of the cost though
Doesn't your inverter need to be able to charge the lipo's? If so that's even more$$$$.

Back