OG member coming back

KingGlamis

Reaction score
I know the Forums gets less traffic than the old days, and yes, I am a member of the FB group. But I love the forums for all the memories created here. Looking around here I see a TON of familiar names, people I used to call friends but that I haven't spoken to in many years. That's my fault. Lost literally everything in my divorce in 2016. Not blaming my ex, blaming myself because I allowed it to happen. Life goes on. But I had to start over with no RV, no truck, no off-road toys, no second income, and worst of all my credit went from great to horrible. So now I pay for everything in cash (I know that can be fixed, don't care to yet). 

So yes, I have not been to Glamis in many years. Finally bought myself a YFZ450 quad, which I love, and can handle the dunes just fine. Plan to get a SXS at some point. But my buddy Chris just bought a RZR Turbo R and is good with me riding shotgun, so that's friggen cool. 

First trip this season is Vet's weekend. Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends again. 

Would love to hear where some of my old friends camp these days as I am hoping we can join one of those camps. 

welcome back KG, always wondered where you were, missed you posting, can't believe its been that long

What’s up mister! Long time. 
I too departed from the desert for a number of years and got back in it a few short years ago. 

Remember, you never need all that RV stuff. I still sleep in the back of my 2wd truck!

My time is more day trips these days since I live a whopping 30min from Glamis and 30min fro Superstition. 2.5 hours to San Felipe. 

For those that don't know me, I originally joined this group around 1998. It was way different back then. I am not actually so conceited that I think I am the "King" of Glamis, it was just a cool user name to use back then and it stuck. For a few years I was a moderator here, and loved it. I was also one of those guys that would argue with anyone after a few beers. Not proud of that but it happened. I learned to not argue because it doesn't fix anything, Still enjoy cold beers (or ICDBs as we used to call them here).

KG welcome back man. I don't make as many trips as I used to either. Hoping to get out there once or twice this season. I got a SXS and a YFZ 450. Hopefully we can catch up on a trip and share a cold one.  :cheers:

Doug, welcome back.  You were the King back in the day and everything you did in life was connected to Glamis.  A few of us long timers are still here, super happy to see Royalty back.

Back