No RV 12 volt power

MegansDad

Reaction score
I have no 12 volt power in my ‘17 eclipse toy hauler. 
When I am plugged in to shore power I can

open/close awning

open/close slides

start generator. 

I checked the battery disconnect switch and that has power on both sides. 
Later I remembered the circuit breaker but had already left my trailer.  Could this be the problem. 

IMG_2148.png

Yes that may also have a reset button on the back side. Check it.  That switch has popped in my RV several times..

if you can find that breaker, just jumper it to see if thats the issue...then buy a new one... $4.00. , keep a spare.

if you can find that breaker, just jumper it to see if thats the issue...then buy a new one... $4.00. , keep a spare.
Mine went out once and i just put both wires on one side until the next day when I could replace the breaker. 

Check your ground / negative wire to make sure it is still connected of the frame of the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be your converter.  That happen on my motorhome. 
I have a solid green light on my converter labeled (wizard button).  I looked that up and it is settings of the speed to charge your batteries. 
I am hoping green light means converter is ok. 

IMG_2146.jpeg

most rvs have a 12v fuse box might want to check in there as well.    there also should be more than one of those circuit breakers 1 usually for the trailer brakes and a few others to run the slides and interior stuff 

I know it seems obvious -  but seems like you'd want to start at your batteries with a volt-meter - and trace back and verify 12v along the way.  There can't be more than a few connections points along the way that would be the cause of the failure. 

I have a solid green light on my converter labeled (wizard button).  I looked that up and it is settings of the speed to charge your batteries. 
I am hoping green light means converter is ok. 

View attachment 118467
Are the house batteries charging when plugged in?   When my converter went the house batteries would not charge when I was on shore power.  

I know it seems obvious -  but seems like you'd want to start at your batteries with a volt-meter - and trace back and verify 12v along the way.  There can't be more than a few connections points along the way that would be the cause of the failure. 
This is where you start.

Unplug trailer from shore.  Measure voltage between the positive and negative terminals on the battery.  Start moving towards the things that are not working.

Otherwise you are guessing. You are going to see the voltage drop off at some point and that will tell you more than a million guesses on the internet.

Back