Next 5 year Bucket List goals.

NIKAL

Reaction score
John@out front started a thread about Bucket List things you just can’t do. So I thought it would be interesting to hear what Bucket List goals you would like to do in the next 5 years? 

Here are a few of mine. I’m planning to do a full Baja Peninsula buggy trip. Start in Tecate and end in Cabo. Then while we are working our way down in the buggy’s, have the wife’s & kids fly down and spend the week at a Cabo resort until we get there. Looking at 4 buggy’s doing this trip. This trip will happen this fall, or next spring. 

Another trip I’d like to take is a trip to Colorado and run all the trail systems around Telluride including Black Bear Pass.

If property prices ever come back to reality, I’d like to look for a lot I can put a metal building on to keep all the toys in and to have a place to work. I have a BIL and a couple of friends that would probably want to store a trailer or rv there too! 

Lastly in 5 years I’d like to cut my work week to 4 days a week. Way to young to retire, but want to find a way to have more time to do things. 

So what are your 5 year Bucket List goals? 

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1993, our race team pre-ran the BAJA 1000, Esenada to Cabo.

Fun trip, great seafood, wonderful friends.

And we got to drive back.

In the next 5 years, my bucket list is to still be alive..

Another trip to Australia, (great trip) one more time to Japan, (That one was great also)

and after that, a Europe tour.

Perhaps I should slow down a bit,

John@out front started a thread about Bucket List things you just can’t do. So I thought it would be interesting to hear what Bucket List goals you would like to do in the next 5 years? 

1  I’m planning to do a full Baja Peninsula buggy trip. Start in Tecate and end in Cabo. Then while we are working our way down in the buggy’s, have the wife’s & kids fly down and spend the week at a Cabo resort until we get there. Looking at 4 buggy’s doing this trip. This trip will happen this fall, or next spring. 

2  Another trip I’d like to take is a trip to Colorado and run all the trail systems around Telluride including Black Bear Pass.

3  If property prices ever come back to reality, I’d like to look for a lot I can put a metal building on to keep all the toys in and to have a place to work. I have a BIL and a couple of friends that would probably want to store a trailer or rv there too! 

4  Lastly in 5 years I’d like to cut my work week to 4 days a week. Way to young to retire, but want to find a way to have more time to do things. 

My list looks just like yours, but already done

1  I did that exact thing on my KTM EXC500 on a Malcom smith ride (Ensenada to Cabo) we did meet our wives who flew down a few days earlier 1700miles in 7 days

2 would that be a bike or sxs trip?

3 i bought a 45x55 (2 20x14 doors) metal building from a guy who was losing his house, paid $8k and i dismantled it, i have the plans done just need to submit

4 i moved to my retirement home 11 years ago, but it put me 70 miles from work, decided i couldn't do the drive every day so i take Wednesdays off, now im trying to figure to right time to start taking 2 days a week off, as im not ready to retire but have lots of things to do (other than work

HAHA, great minds think a like.....im probably just older than you (@60)

now what do we have planned and recently done...........................

we just got back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos islands on a cruise with celebrity  it is a custom smaller boat with only 50 rooms (100 people) it was expensive but everything included, even tips. 3 gourmet meals a day, trips to the islands with tour guides, snorkeling that i was swimming with sea turtles, sea lions, shafts and a manta ray and thousands of fish

this summer our "couples" are going on an adventure bike ride in California 6 days 1600 miles and am promised there really are places in calif that are breathless...ill keep you posted

next summer our couples trip will be to do the Swiss alps on rented dual sport bikes 

this fall we have reservations to go to the balloon festival in new Mexico ......and fly!

Clean up the house with things I've been blowing off (this yea projects)

Prepare for retirement.   Going to do trips and look into tax implications

Goto glamis and have a great time.

Choke down another 10 years at work.

My list looks just like yours, but already done

1  I did that exact thing on my KTM EXC500 on a Malcom smith ride (Ensenada to Cabo) we did meet our wives who flew down a few days earlier 1700miles in 7 days

2 would that be a bike or sxs trip?

3 i bought a 45x55 (2 20x14 doors) metal building from a guy who was losing his house, paid $8k and i dismantled it, i have the plans done just need to submit

4 i moved to my retirement home 11 years ago, but it put me 70 miles from work, decided i couldn't do the drive every day so i take Wednesdays off, now im trying to figure to right time to start taking 2 days a week off, as im not ready to retire but have lots of things to do (other than work

HAHA, great minds think a like.....im probably just older than you (@60)

now what do we have planned and recently done...........................

we just got back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos islands on a cruise with celebrity  it is a custom smaller boat with only 50 rooms (100 people) it was expensive but everything included, even tips. 3 gourmet meals a day, trips to the islands with tour guides, snorkeling that i was swimming with sea turtles, sea lions, shafts and a manta ray and thousands of fish

this summer our "couples" are going on an adventure bike ride in California 6 days 1600 miles and am promised there really are places in calif that are breathless...ill keep you posted

next summer our couples trip will be to do the Swiss alps on rented dual sport bikes 

this fall we have reservations to go to the balloon festival in new Mexico ......and fly!
I’ve done tons of Baja play buggy trips, raced Score for years etc.. but never did a full play run to tip. I was planning on using my Baja Bug Prerunner, but then that evolved into using the UTV as a few other guys will use UTV’s. I want to keep the vehicles as the same as possible.  This trip is not part of a paid guided company. I’m doing all the logistics myself, including arranging transport of all the vehicles back to the boarder. I’ve looked in using a company like Baja Adventures, but there are points and places I want to hit on the way down. 

As far as the Colorado trip that would be in a 4wd like a H3, Bronco or Jeep. We would tow out behind the MH. 

I like the sound of your “Couples” trips. Those sound great! 

Here are a few of mine. I’m planning to do a full Baja Peninsula buggy trip. Start in Tecate and end in Cabo. Then while we are working our way down in the buggy’s, have the wife’s & kids fly down and spend the week at a Cabo resort until we get there. Looking at 4 buggy’s doing this trip. This trip will happen this fall, or next spring. 

Another trip I’d like to take is a trip to Colorado and run all the trail systems around Telluride including Black Bear Pass.

If property prices ever come back to reality, I’d like to look for a lot I can put a metal building on to keep all the toys in and to have a place to work. I have a BIL and a couple of friends that would probably want to store a trailer or rv there too! 

Lastly in 5 years I’d like to cut my work week to 4 days a week. Way to young to retire, but want to find a way to have more time to do things. 

I've done the Baja trip in my Raptor, it was amazing. We did it in 10 days. I've done the NORRA 1000 and had the ladies fly to Cabo to greet us at the finish line. This year I am chasing my buddy for the NORRA 1000. We plan on taking our time coming back, probably be a 2 week trip. If you have open spots on your trip, I would love to go. 

1. I've always wanted to do the Baja trip with no time restraints.

2. I want to drive around the country in a motorhome.

3. Do "The Great Loop". The great loop is a taking a boat from Florida up the inner coastal waterway to NY, then over to the great lakes, then down the Mississippi to Gulf of Mexico and finally back around Florida to "cross your wake". This takes about a year.

4.Travel the world. 

5. I'm planning on retiring this year (52). I've already cut my workload down and I have realized that I like not working :) 

I’ve got a few that I plan to knock out. Some professional and some personal. 

1. Alaska fishing lodge trip with my dad. Have this planned for July 2022. 
2. Like @NIKAL, I’d like to run all the famous Colorado trails. Now that I’ve got the JLUR, I’ve been getting out as much as I can. 
3. Finish my BA. This will be done by end of year and then look forward to competing for a couple promotions at work. 
4. See the Northern Lights in person. 
5. Discover more places to dune such as Little Sahara, Sand Hollow, and Christmas Valley. 

#1 Sand Hollow - already missed the good years when it was empty and fresh
#2 Get out of CA with my soul

I am certainly getting ready to do a Baja trip, just bought a Raptor for just this, working on setting it up.  With the Raptor the wife will actually join me.  We have been going back into Baja a lot more recently, love the people.  

I also want to do some more camping in Southern Utah and explore more of that area

I bought my retirement home 2.5 years ago, just need to pay it off now, I plan to retire in 6 years.

I haven't taken more than a week off work ever, I want to start taking longer vacations, maybe two or three weeks long.............

Bucket list..

I want to go to greece and Italy.

SXS tour to baja more than likely to happen this year. 

King Salmon Fishing in Alaska

Want more time.

Next 5 years???

Get the cabin built on our new property in the mountains

Start taking a 3 day weekend regularly. 4 days a week is nice when you can manage it.

Tons of stuff here in Idaho that we want to get to soon. Stanley, Redfish Lake

More whitewater and slow float rafting

Snowmobiling around our cabin area

I just want to be in the same shape financially I am now, that is it.

After that I can start to look at things in a different light as far as wages and time spent working, five more years that's all I need

Bucket list..

I want to go to greece and Italy.

SXS tour to baja more than likely to happen this year. 

King Salmon Fishing in Alaska

Want more time.
Becoming a Dad at such a young age .. I haven't been anywhere, but I was lucky to do 16 days in Greece with a HS buddy working out his Greek inheritance (he's Greek, parents where born there and had assets when they died in Greece).. dude is fluent. Born in Utah and had to learn English because Grandma was watching him when the parents worked and she only spoke Greek. He actually 'dreams' in Greek. Anyhow, he's done so many trips over his lifetime, probably a full year if you added it all up.

It was great having an American/Greek with me. I'd feel fine doing it alone with the wife, but we just got VIP everything. Went all over the country, couple of the zillion islands.

My trip was October 2019. Awesome trip, but that's a 'romantic' type trip.. won't go back without the wife.. hopefully in like 2 years.. Italy as well. 

Loved it!

abc

• If prices fall, Would like a small property in St Anthony's  -  Wife likes to travel, but i really do not,  I feel the most relaxed in my RV on the road at St Anthony's, forced to go to Hawaii, for me that is not a relaxing vacation,  
  • Twin turbo kit, for my personal car, 
  • For my 13 year old daughter, build a buggy she needs to learn a standard,  no SXS 
  • Want to learn CNC programing of a 3 - 5 axis,  i feel i am to old for it, but always wanted to know how to do it, 

• If prices fall, Would like a small property in St Anthony's  -  Wife likes to travel, but i really do not,  I feel the most relaxed in my RV on the road at St Anthony's, forced to go to Hawaii, for me that is not a relaxing vacation,  
  • Twin turbo kit, for my personal car, 
  • For my 13 year old daughter, build a buggy she needs to learn a standard,  no SXS 
  • Want to learn CNC programing of a 3 - 5 axis,  i feel i am to old for it, but always wanted to know how to do it, 
have you thought about a 3D printer?  Its kind of the same, but WAY cheaper & less stress. 

Back