New Seat mounting nightmare

CHRIS J

Reaction score
So I had the bright idea to change the seats in my SCU sandcar when I noticed a nice set of black beards pop up on fb market place. My car is all red and black and had beat to chit gray beards in it. I was like sweet newer nice  black seats 1000.00 sell my beat up gray for 400.00 I’m good. Quick measurement of the ne ones front to back and paid the man.

all seats are out already at this point and I’m prepping the rest of the car, go to mount a seat to test drive and here’s where things go terribly wrong.

nothing fits front or back. Holes line up but the mounting on seats is not wide enough for the existing mount. (Sliders on fronts) and also someone had used what looks like an old stop sign post to raise the brackets wtf so a quick panic then try to mount the rears just to check, wrong they don’t fit either. Dammit. Rears need almost 1” spacers holes are right but guess what too skinny. Quick panic again because I’m not trying to buy new seats lol.

make a call to a great buddy who owns a Lazer fab shop tell him my problem. He says settle down and give me some measurements. Cool.

he says come by the house tonight and I’ll have your brackets. During the talk I’m like well when the seat is all the way back it’s still too close to steering wheel, no problem we will fix with the bracket. Also there rears were way too low so we raised them up 2.5 “ and took up gap with 3/8 brackets

any way sorry for long story but there is a bad ass ending check out the pics  

what I started with to what I have now

Chris

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg

IMG_9048.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9043.jpeg

Make sure there is a good amount of clearance for your head to the roof now. 

Stop Sign Post, FTW.  LMAO.

In the end it came out awesome!!!!

What you ended up with is way cool!!!!

The first pix I was like ummmmmmmmmmmmm.  LOL

Tell that Armenian to make me some seat brackets now.

What do you need

im on gen 3 of the  brackets so I might have what you need in gen 1 and 2 lol
I needed some custom brackets for my new rear seats but I made them, so I'm good. And I don't want to be indebted to Berk.

Very nice, those brackets are badass, he should sell them to Kartek. The typical slider brackets are dog poop. 

Seat brackets look great. I used to use sliders on our front seats but after adjusting the seats the first time we never ever moved them, so on the new chassis we just placed them where we wanted them and welded the brackets to the frame. It's one less unnecessary part to use. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To have that done by a phone call is impressive,  

Back