New maverick R wheels for paddles

G-mo

Reaction score
Anybody run regular chevy/toyota wheels on their new maverick R? There isnt alot of choices so i was thinking about running procomps or mickey thompsons 15x10 rear 15x8 front. Would there be any reason not to buy $600 wheels vs the $1600 non beadlock wheels for the maverick R?

A buddy of mine is running some Methods on his with no problems. 

I was looking too, and I only seen Packard and Alba. Pricedesigns has yet to drop from what I heard.

Method has a beadgrip for them. We have a guy with them in our group. Nice and light wheel. Beadgrips are a great wheel. 

IMG_4706.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Method griplock wheels are probably the best bang for the buck.   They work extremely well on holding the tire on the bead.  It almost takes an act of god to get a tire off those wheels.  

The Method griplock wheels are probably the best bang for the buck.   They work extremely well on holding the tire on the bead.  It almost takes an act of god to get a tire off those wheels.  
Yeah you gotta have someone who knows what their doing to remove them. 

Yeah you gotta have someone who knows what their doing to remove them. 
I used them on my front tire set up.  Took it to a tire shop to get them off.  It was quite entertaining to watch them try and get the soft sidewall tire to come off the bead.   

Anyone know where to go for these?

can you ask your buddy where he go those at?
He bought direct through method. When he bought they weren’t on the website yet. 

www.fueledutv.com has them and has a discount if you sign up for their newsletter. Good company, they’re local and I know the owners. 

I am running Price Designs.  My buddy just ordered Keiser.  You basically have to call them.

ETA  I think Keiser will do a 13" wide wheel for the Mav R if you really want to put some big tires on them and slide around.  I am very happy with my Price Designs wheels.  Kade really stepped up and finished them in record time last season to allow me to have paddles on a trip I thought was going to be run on aired down stock tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running Metal FX. They have a cast in a 15 x 7 and 15 x 10. I talked to them and they told me if you wanted to go with a forged set up they could do wider 

I am running Price Designs.  My buddy just ordered Keiser.  You basically have to call them.

ETA  I think Keiser will do a 13" wide wheel for the Mav R if you really want to put some big tires on them and slide around.  I am very happy with my Price Designs wheels.  Kade really stepped up and finished them in record time last season to allow me to have paddles on a trip I thought was going to be run on aired down stock tires.
I like the Price Design wheels.  Hopefully he will remember me when it comes time for me to order some.  

I like the Price Design wheels.  Hopefully he will remember me when it comes time for me to order some.  
Well that time better be next few weeks!!  Kids old enough take on paper route and fund his own RC hobbies!

Well that time better be next few weeks!!  Kids old enough take on paper route and fund his own RC hobbies!
Haha!   Have to sell the current ride first and win the lottery so I can have this one 

IMG_3596.png

Reactions: JBL
We have sold/installed numerous sets.  Method, Metal FX, Price Designs and System 3.  We always provide a gd.com discount.  Give us a shout at RZR Werks in Yuma. 928-580-9999 :ez:

I just hope they have wheels for sale at SS!!!  My friends held a gun to my head to buy a MavR and they left me high and dry having to buy all the goodies myself.  Some friend I have.  

Back