New build Buggyworks two seater…

cali kid

Reaction score
Started a post just before the old site crashed and has been on the back burner since but got the itch again so here we go! 

Picked up this chassis from @Davyjones summer of last year and got it to Jones Fab right away for all the fab work. It’s a later year 4 seat chromoly chassis. Plans are to chop it down to a 120” wb two seat chassis (which is done), DD sand car rear arms, dual rear shocks, beef up all the weak points known on these cars, and full aluminum body. As far as powertrain I’ll be running a 351w small block Ford 450-500 hp, 2d, and 930’s.  
Let the fun begin!

B2DF1E3C-E990-4AC8-A5B6-1BB2F7048C49.jpeg

Nice … after my New Years trip . I will have a Mendi 2d , Fortin shifter , rod with sweet u joints , race prep 930 cv .  A few new race prep 930cv , possibly mid board micros and bearings for sale . If you are looking for parts

Nice … after my New Years trip . I will have a Mendi 2d , Fortin shifter , rod with sweet u joints , race prep 930 cv .  A few new race prep 930cv , possibly mid board micros and bearings for sale . If you are looking for parts
I’ll be interested in all of it thanks!

Hell yeah man! Sean did the dash in my car years ago. Haven't been to his shop in a long time.

She is looking good !  Keep the pics coming !

Looking good  – Keep the pics coming 

The 351 W is great engine although I have only used the 427 stroked version in some of the Cobra's I built  - we were seeing a little over 500HP to the ground with a pretty mild Trick flow head and Roller cam combo with Fast EFI.  Super Torquey and reliable.  I was surprised when I weighed the engine, it was just over 500Lbs dressed out - Iron block,  alum heads , basically only 50Lbs heavier than an all Aluminum  LS

I had essentially the same chassis and with an LS and 2D with dual shocks in the front and minimal body it weighed in just under 1900Lbs  - Your car s gonna be fast and nimble !!

Looking good  – Keep the pics coming 

The 351 W is great engine although I have only used the 427 stroked version in some of the Cobra's I built  - we were seeing a little over 500HP to the ground with a pretty mild Trick flow head and Roller cam combo with Fast EFI.  Super Torquey and reliable.  I was surprised when I weighed the engine, it was just over 500Lbs dressed out - Iron block,  alum heads , basically only 50Lbs heavier than an all Aluminum  LS

I had essentially the same chassis and with an LS and 2D with dual shocks in the front and minimal body it weighed in just under 1900Lbs  - Your car s gonna be fast and nimble !!
Thanks Alex! That is the plan just a fast nimble little sand car. All I’ve owned were two 4 seat dual sports and a 4 seat Buggyworks that didn’t turn for crap so I’m really excited on how this little two seater will dune. 

Congrats on the build, saw it there yesterday. Shawn is one of the best in the industry and the only one who works on my car. You are in great hands there.

Bump this up! I’ve been waiting on back order parts finally got mostly everything. Jones is going to get back on it in a month or so. I’ve been busy with my 67 Mustang build and my son is back to sports full time again so we’ll see how it goes!

I was next door to Jones shop this week and forgot your car was there or I would have taken look at it.

Bump this up! 
Life and new business ventures put this way back but now we’re ready. I had plans on selling all the parts and buying a done car but it seems like a hard time to sell “parts” so decided to just finish this project since I don’t have much to go and possibly sell as a turn key car down the road but we’ll see. 

They’re some changes to motor/ trans combo. I originally planned on putting my 351w in it but I’m saving that for a future project then my buddy had a Honda 3.5 turbo and I thought perfect motor for this build but I slept on it since this project wasn’t a priority. Fast forward I put my 2d for sale but I ended up trading it in for a new S4 and going with a @J Alper 383 ls1 stroker. I should be getting the trans in a couple of weeks and Jones Fab should be getting back on it to finish up the rear of the car. I might do some other changes to the chassis I’ll keep you posted. Let the fun begin! 

Following looks like a great project 

Bump this up! 
Life and new business ventures put this way back but now we’re ready. I had plans on selling all the parts and buying a done car but it seems like a hard time to sell “parts” so decided to just finish this project since I don’t have much to go and possibly sell as a turn key car down the road but we’ll see. 

They’re some changes to motor/ trans combo. I originally planned on putting my 351w in it but I’m saving that for a future project then my buddy had a Honda 3.5 turbo and I thought perfect motor for this build but I slept on it since this project wasn’t a priority. Fast forward I put my 2d for sale but I ended up trading it in for a new S4 and going with a @J Alper 383 ls1 stroker. I should be getting the trans in a couple of weeks and Jones Fab should be getting back on it to finish up the rear of the car. I might do some other changes to the chassis I’ll keep you posted. Let the fun begin! 

Alper-Motorsports 383 with Camshaft, is going to be so much fun in this car, 

Man...I haven't been on here if a few years.  Good to see all you guys are still at it! I'll be watching this one Sergio!  Gonna be a fun car!

~jw

Back