New buggy builder in So Cal

cali kid

Reaction score
Ryan at Explicit Off Road in Phelan, CA is building some bad a$$ cars. He was a long time builder at Alumicraft and went on his own. His cars are designed by a TT builder. He’s offering a full fiberglass body or carbon fiber. If anyone is looking for a new build I would definitely look at these cars.

Attachments

• IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5660.png
    IMG_5660.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5661.png
    IMG_5661.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5662.png
    IMG_5662.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5663.png
    IMG_5663.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5665.jpeg
    IMG_5665.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 106
Great to see a new builder on the scene
Design looks good -
Alumicraft Pedigree is impressive ...

Ryan at Explicit Off Road in Phelan, CA is building some bad a$$ cars. He was a long time builder at Alumicraft and went on his own. His cars are designed by a TT builder. He’s offering a full fiberglass body or carbon fiber. If anyone is looking for a new build I would definitely look at these cars.

what is a "tt builder"?

CAD designed and the fit & finish is second to none! Ryan's cars are badass.
Love seeing more options in the industry.

Great looking stuff! Always good to see people starting their own business. Best of luck to Ryan and the Explicit team!

So that's at least two former Alumicraft folks that have started new shops. Brian Scarborough (sp?)started Podium Fabrication. I vetted Podium when I was deciding on a builder for my new car. I went a different direction but not because Brian's stuff didn't look bad azz. It was a tuff decision.

I wish somebody with great skills would open a shop to serve the Oregon dune crowd. Very limited options up here.

The toy business is rough to stay afloat. I hope he does well and can thrive.

So many boat and other builders are struggling to stay afloat

Ryan also offers a full service shop with prep, repairs, and fab. He’s also working on a seat chassis.

Back