New ATC owner with questions

Kat-A-Tonic

Reaction score
So I bought a 1984 200S from a friends step father.  It needs work in the looks department as the seat and rear plastics are pretty rough.  I did some searches and came up pretty empty on seat covers and foam.  Do most people just drop the seat off at an upholsterer and have them do something custom, or are there kits available to go with a stock look?

There seem to be a few different plastics offerings.  Who do you like, and why?  Not looking to blow a bunch of coin on this as it is just going to be a camp cruiser.

Thanks

eBay has a lot of stuff. Sometimes it’s crap sometimes it’s great. Look at # customers and satisfaction rating. I’ve gotten great stuff for my 350X restore. 

Try http://hi-flite-usa.com/  I know they offer the cover, no clue on the foam.  Their foam (at least 250R) does not match the factory shape so you have to run their seat cover.  Not a big deal but just FYI

It being a 84 you're dealing with pot luck.  Take what you can find/ are willing to spend.  Some of the things your going to have to fabricate some modify and some just do without.... Rear brake reservoirs are getting few and far between.  There is a place in Rye Arizona on the way to Payson that will become your go to for some pick a part type of stuff

It being a 84 you're dealing with pot luck.  Take what you can find/ are willing to spend.  Some of the things your going to have to fabricate some modify and some just do without.... Rear brake reservoirs are getting few and far between.  There is a place in Rye Arizona on the way to Payson that will become your go to for some pick a part type of stuff
That place in Rye may not be an option anymore. They had a big fire a few years ago. Not sure if it reopened.

Hi flite is great. You can have them send you the cover, foam, or if you send your pan, they will do it for you and ship it back. You can also have it custom made through them too if you want a name or something on it. 

Budget wise, grab some foam in a few different firmnesses and rebuild what you have left. They can turn out pretty good. Ebay for the seat cover and as mentioned, do research on the quality by looking at price, reviews, etc. The only repo plastics I know of is Maier. Quality is generally good but not OEM. The OEM stuff is almost unavailable and people selling on ebay know what their stuff is worth and ask double. 

Most importantly is to have a solid metal base seat pan. Honda made them out of very thin sheet metal and if any water got under the form they rusted away to nothing.

"HJ"    :ex:       :cheers:

Lot's of Honda ATC Restoration companies these days, started with the ATC 70 and grew.

eBay, Amazon and social media pages specific to ATCs are really popular these days.

A few guru's here, they may chime in too... :poke:

Back