Never tow over 55 mph

We were stuck in the aftermath traffic from this accident on the way home Sunday. 

Westbound on the 8 before ocotillo exit at the bottom of the grade. I believe Coyote wash.

Westbound on the 8 before ocotillo exit at the bottom of the grade. I believe Coyote wash.
that looks exactly right.  I drive that every trip. 

And yea........... that didn't look like it had anything to do with speed......... 

The phrase "crack the whip" and how/when to execute it should be part of trailer registration...

On the fenders of uhaul trailers, there is something that says, "speed limit" 45 or 55mph....what BS

A few years back, I saw one their company trucks.  It had a trailer winched up to the top of a bed-rack, a car-hauler trailer, at least 1 trailer on that trailer...a truck and 3 trailers (only 1 trailer on the ground) and he was hauling buttocks, at least 70 in a 65 zone, mayber faster.

45mph, mi culo!

One of the magical things that happens when you cross the CA border and leave the state is that it suddenly becomes safe to tow above 55mph.

One of the magical things that happens when you cross the CA border and leave the state is that it suddenly becomes safe to tow above 55mph.
Driving my car at the time through Salt Lake city and got behind a couple of dodge duallys pulling Grand Design fifth wheels. We did between 75-88 for about 40 miles through traffic and they could drive the hell out of those setups. Stable as could be. I was drafting. 

Driving my car at the time through Salt Lake city and got behind a couple of dodge duallys pulling Grand Design fifth wheels. We did between 75-88 for about 40 miles through traffic and they could drive the hell out of those setups. Stable as could be. I was drafting. 
Yep. When I went to St. Anthony, quite a few years ago, there was a stretch of the 15 south of Salt Lake City that had a speed limit of 85mph. My F-350 and 40 foot WW were cruising and as stable as can be.

Yup. I live in az now and when I was in ca I towed between 60-63 for personal preference but going or comin from glamis I got passed standing still do I picked it up to 65-70 now kills my mpg though 🤣. Tows straight though never as trailer is loaded properly. But takes little change to change it. Old car I drove head in it could sway at 60 even with atc in kitchen. Back it in straight and stable. Full water in tank helps too been in plenty of whitewater winds over the years too. 

Back