Need paddles - Anybody have a source?

kazuaki

Reaction score
Just picked up another quad and would like to get a set of paddles for it.  I prefer 20" Skats, maybe 6 paddles Extremes or 7 paddle Haulers.  It's just for a stock Z400.  Seems like availability isn't very good. Used would be fine as long as they're in good shape. Thanks for any tips.

Not many places you can buy new. I have heard that you can buy a set of tires, take them to skat trak yourself and they will buff them out. I scour the used market daily as I'm looking for 2 sets for my son's and my bike. Offer up has some. Some are advertised as new with a hefty price tag.

OfferUp is where I get mine.  Don't be afraid to ask on older posts.  Extremes & Haulers have the same scoop surface (7/8" tall), just extra material to bond to the tire.  Don't forget about Gliders, an 8 paddle Glider works well.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought about the Gliders.

Found a set of 20x11 8 paddle Extremes. I know the stock Z400 will be over paddled, but how bad will it be? Really noticeable, or not really? Obviously not looking to win any races with the stock Z400. 

please contact me as I have what you are looking for gary 909 214 8930

Gary doesn't have skats, but thanks anyway. Still interested in opinions on the 8 paddle extremes. 

8 Extreme is wayyyy too much tire, that's equivalent to a 9 Hauler. We run 7 Haulers/11-12 Gliders on 70HP 450s.

You need a 6 Hauler/8-9 Glider at the very most.

Try John Safarian at Sand Toyz Unlimited, he should have Skats. 

Thanks for the feedback Morgan.  The reason I was looking at the Extremes is that they're $150/pair and in like new condition.  Maybe I should buy them to resell them 🙂

Found a set of 20x11 8 paddle Extremes. I know the stock Z400 will be over paddled, but how bad will it be? Really noticeable, or not really? Obviously not looking to win any races with the stock Z400. 
My wife rides a TRX400 and I have a set of 8 paddle Skat Edges on it.  Seems to work well for her.  I have ridden it a few times without any noticeable lack of power.  I ride a 85 ATC250R with 8 paddle Haulers.

8 Extreme is wayyyy too much tire, that's equivalent to a 9 Hauler.
They have the same scoop (7/8") just more material at the base for better adhesion on higher horsepower applications. 

https://www.skat-trak.com/atvutv-paddles/

Just picked up another quad and would like to get a set of paddles for it.  I prefer 20" Skats, maybe 6 paddles Extremes or 7 paddle Haulers.  It's just for a stock Z400.  Seems like availability isn't very good. Used would be fine as long as they're in good shape. Thanks for any tips.
I have a set that has been used maybe 3 trips.   Let me look at see how many paddles.  My kid ran them on his YFZ450R.  

Unless you're not stuck on using a buffed/glued paddle versus a molded one, I have some 20x11-10 Sand Sharks on wheels I'd let go for $100.  Might have one or two trip on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back