Need CBM 440 with 4.0 blower Holley tune

r3meyer

Reaction score
Kinda a long shot, but does anyone have a the CBM 440 with 4.0 blower setup running holley EFI?  Would rather put a known good tune in the car for this setup than start from scratch until it can get on the dyno.

A dash file would be great also.

its just not going to work, 

I have 3 tunes i tried on a 440 and non of them worked correctly, 

What Map sensor, the heads make a huge difference of how the boost level, is, comp ratio will play a huge part, 

A boosted motor, is so far off from any kind of bench tune that you see for Natural,   

Octane will play a huge part, 

If you do not get it Chassis tuned then going to be a long road, 

Kinda a long shot, but does anyone have a the CBM 440 with 4.0 blower setup running holley EFI?  Would rather put a known good tune in the car for this setup than start from scratch until it can get on the dyno.

A dash file would be great also.
If you are looking for something to get the car started and loaded onto a trailer you can get that off of the internet with a simple google search.  Please don’t ever actually drive a motor without a known good tune off of a dyno. The only exception to this would be a stock crate motor. The tunes in the Holley software will work for great for that. Your motor will probably start and run with a stock LS7 or LSX tune since it is a 440. You will have an option for cable driven and drive by wire. 

As said above .. its Too dangerous to use an out-of-box tune on an SC'd engine. I have done a lot of Holley tunes and many on SC LS's.  I use a form to determine what sensors are used, what internal  components, cam, fuel system etc, and then it matters what Holley ECU Term-x or HP/Dominator  and then I can build pretty good tune to get you started and on off the trailer.  I put in a "safe mode' so  if you go into boost you are safe- but you would not want to drive it that way.   

The amount of boost is also important and the fuel type.    It only take a few seconds to melt down an engine under boost

Some of the internet tuners on the Holley forum do a good job getting you a base tune for ion and off the trailer  - but be careful if they say "run it"  then run away  - what you save on a tune will cost you in a new engine.  NA engines are a completely different deal - I do tunes for NA engines all the time and they usually run great ... FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:
Back