My new 4 seat Mosebilt finally!

Chingon619

Reaction score
This has been a long time coming. I finally drove it out of the garage. The feeling was insane as I've been wanting this thing for over 2 years! Or is it 8 years? LOL long story short, built my own 4 seat frame from scratch 8 years ago with some pdf plans from sandcars dot net but a year into it and still had a long way to go! I came across a 2 seater frame that was for sale here on the board and traded exactly what he was looking for. Some 4x4 AWD explorer back then. I sold cars and it was in my inventory. The frame was more complete than where I was on my car. Body included tabbed etc etc. So I jumped on it. Built it, stuffed an LS1 into it and duned it some for the following years. Sold the 4 seat frame because I just didn't see myself finishing it. 

Then, after having so much fun in my rocket LS1 2 seat, I started feeling lonely on my rides and thought how cool it would be to dune with my wife and kids next to me. I needed a 4seat asap! That was 2 years ago, and thought hey, I should've never sold my other frame LOL ahh well. Everyone in camp started showing up with their new shiny CanAms and how they just signed for it few hours ago before getting to camp. I was so tempted to do the same. Hell, I could've sold the 2 seater and bought a CanAm easily. My gears were spinning. The desire to have my family with me out in the dunes was growing by the minute around the campfire. Then, the light bulb came on! Hey! I know, why don't I just call the guy that built my 2 seater and have him build me a 4 seat frame that I could swap all my gear over to! Great idea!! No SXS for me, plus I have everything from my 2 seater to swap right over! 

Well, during covid he was slammed and material was scarce. I waited patiently. Reminded him I was waiting and eventually, he delivered. I'm extremely happy to say the least. and well, history awaits. Need some skin on it asap! Check it out. Can't wait to shake it down but it's the same engine and trans so I don't see much needing attention. Hell, I didn't even split the engine trans LOL I'm just a bum that feels blessed. I had always dreamed of owning a sandcar. I'm over the moon. 

Got plenty of overdue shout outs in here! I couldn't do it without this awesome site and members and community. No names though, ya'll know who you are. Sincerely from the deepest part of my heart, Thank you!! 

20230129_133928.jpg

20230129_133907.jpg

20230129_133844.jpg

Awesome Congrats! That thing looks like a really nice car, I bet you’re super stoked. When is the first trip out in it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Congrats! That thing looks like a really nice car, I bet you’re super stoked. When is the first trip out in it? 
Well, hoping I can get skins done here pretty quick but was hoping Pres' day? If all the stars line up I guess. Super stoked indeed. 

Anyone know who can do a simple body within 2 weeks lol

Looks Awesome  ... and congrats 

Getting anything done during the Covid craziness is a huge accomplishment 

Man... John is still making cars? That makes me happy to hear. Very cool looking new rig. Can't wait to see it fancied up.

Man... John is still making cars? That makes me happy to hear. Very cool looking new rig. Can't wait to see it fancied up.
Funny you say that, he said my car would be the last one built out to general clients, he's got too many people he knows, on a waiting list. I had to somewhat twist his arm but I'm ok with that. Persistence paid. LOL

What'd you end up doing for the oil pan?

Also: this chassis would work well with a baja bug type body. :biggrin:

Nice! Buddy of mine is working on the exact same chassis, about 4 years in now. Yours will be inspiration for him!

What'd you end up doing for the oil pan?

Also: this chassis would work well with a baja bug type body. :biggrin:
Nothing yet but I already have a nice shiny diamond plate cutout that will go in. Just need to "ramp" notch it about 1", yea I know about the bug body idea because I kept getting told over and over to put it on my 2 seater but I'm not that much a fan. I love the traditional long travel sand car look. I loved the 8qt pan and decided I'll be keeping it on for sure. Car doesn't bottom out at full bump and probably still have about 6" at the pan. Ah well. 

Back