My 85’ LT250 thread

Five.five-six

Reaction score
My first quad was a Suzuki LT250… years ago, I sold it but it looks like I’m buying it back Monday. I’m pretty sure I want to put shocks on it… we’ll see what kind of condition it’s in when I get it.  

Does anyone still make shocks for it?

I still have the '86 LT250 my parents bought for me!  I also own an LT500 and an LT80.  1 oddball, a Raptor 350 (Couldn't pass up the good deal) we love Suzuki 2 strokes!!

I know the bike is going to need to be gone through because the guy who bought it from me 8 years ago never even changed the plug… I don’t think he rode it much at all so I’m hopping the trans and engine are still in good shape, it was fairly fresh when I sold it top him.  

Now I’m exploring converting the bike to E85 since I’ll have a drum or 2 with me to run my car.  Is that insane?  I don’t think the bike is going on any long rides, mostly for beeboping between camps or some shorter runs… I’m getting too old to go quading all day…. Then again, there is nothing like running the tight stuff with that bike, I can toss it around like nobody’s business.     With age comes cage.  

I know the bike is going to need to be gone through because the guy who bought it from me 8 years ago never even changed the plug… I don’t think he rode it much at all so I’m hopping the trans and engine are still in good shape, it was fairly fresh when I sold it top him.  

Now I’m exploring converting the bike to E85 since I’ll have a drum or 2 with me to run my car.  Is that insane?  I don’t think the bike is going on any long rides, mostly for beeboping between camps or some shorter runs… I’m getting too old to go quading all day…. Then again, there is nothing like running the tight stuff with that bike, I can toss it around like nobody’s business.     With age comes cage.  
The only real down side I see, is the amount of fuel consumption you will see.  You will basically get half the distance you would on gas.  The quads don't go that far already.  Just a thought.

My first quad was a Suzuki LT250… years ago, I sold it but it looks like I’m buying it back Monday. I’m pretty sure I want to put shocks on it… we’ll see what kind of condition it’s in when I get it.  

Does anyone still make shocks for it?
First quad I ever rode at Mother G. love those raspy machines. The Quadzilla was the king of Olds for years. Just not a lot of em out there back then. Good luck with the shock hunt looks like you found some above. 

dr q is still around in hesperia I think it is, if you want it tuned up or worked over see him. he may have some shock set  up for it also.

Back