Micro Stub Question

bkuips

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a Extreme Double Throw Down with micro stubs in the rear.  What is the go to for stub axles and bearings.  I broke a stub axle this weekend and replaced the bearing and stub while i had it apart.  Is there an upgraded system i can do in the off season?  I saw that Kartek sells a 300m stub kit.  Is this the best way to go.  I got a CBM 425 in the car and a S4D so i think the stub system is going to be my weak link in it.

https://www.kartek.com/parts/jamar-performance-33-spline-300m-standard-micro-stub-axle-porsche-934-cv-joints-for-12-cv-bolt.html

I broke one first trip of this season as well. Upgraded to the 33 spline with the 14mm studs. It's overall 28% larger than the 27 spline

Jamar makes quality parts and so does Bob at RBP. Either one will be a good upgrade for you.

Alright ill just match the one that i put on over the weekend.  Seems way stronger than the one that was previously on the car.

Call Roy at proam. He is about to release a much larger pre-runner oriented micro stub bearing and stub. It will require a new face plate on your trailing arm, if you don't want to do this, then go with the 33 spline that Ace recommended. 

Count the amount of splines on the stub axle and measure the large round hole in your trailing arm (either 3.6" or 3.9". There are 2 size bearing and a couple different size stub axles. To best answer your question, we need to know what you already have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the old bearing in the motorhome.  Will measure when i get a chance.

Is 300M worth it over chromoly.  I dont have high horsepower.

Is 300M worth it over chromoly.  I dont have high horsepower.
I believe so. But if you are on a tight budget you can get away with the chromoly ones. Especially if you’re going from a 27 spline to 33 spline. 

Call Roy at proam. He is about to release a much larger pre-runner oriented micro stub bearing and stub. It will require a new face plate on your trailing arm, if you don't want to do this, then go with the 33 spline that Ace recommended. 
Here are the Hubs I believe Reece is talking about. 

FullSizeRender.MOV

Attachments

They made many of these cars in many different brake configurations, 

• What size is the bearing 
  • What size is the stub shaft

First see what size the stub shaft is, if it is not a 33-spine I would upgrade to that size, most 33 sizes are going to be very strong,  the bearings as it gets worn out will show play with the tire moving, so a little easier to catch when it is going out, 

Bob the owner of RBP has hi quality materials and has a sand car so that is always a good choice, I have has the Jmar 300M with no issues,  and i thing that @parker@gearone will have some parts also, 

I have a extreme double throw down as well and if yours stubs are orginal they are made buy gear one..  I think most people forget about stub axles until they break... Stub axles need to inspected along with new bearings. Depending how hard you run the car or if your one to run the whoops can be hard on the stubs. Some times its best to just changed them out then youll have a spare set of stubs and bearings.. 

Back