Mefi ecu possibly bad due to welding??

Waldo

Reaction score
Ok so last year I had a shop add 2 gussets to the rear shock tower and the following day my car started acting up. Since then I replaced every sensor and still has an intermittent problem it does fine when it’s cold but when it gets hot it won’t stay on backfiring just all kinds of problems could this be an ecu problem I’m taking it in tomorrow to a shop but I really want to know if it’s possible for the ecm to have intermittent problems if they welded to the frame without disconnecting the battery

Ok so last year I had a shop add 2 gussets to the rear shock tower and the following day my car started acting up. Since then I replaced every sensor and still has an intermittent problem it does fine when it’s cold but when it gets hot it won’t stay on backfiring just all kinds of problems could this be an ecu problem I’m taking it in tomorrow to a shop but I really want to know if it’s possible for the ecm to have intermittent problems if they welded to the frame without disconnecting the battery
It shouldn't be ruled out. Timelines would suggest it with all the other items you've replaced.

I always worry about this, but i get lazy most times an do not disconnect the battery

I went down this rabbit hole once after doing some welding. I replaced every sensor. In the end I pulled my whole wire harness out and peeled the loom apart. Somehow I cut the wire to the TPS sensor in an area no where near where I was working. Maybe a dropped a tool on it or something? I'm not saying it's your TPS specifically but its worth looking into all your connections and checking voltage.

Back