Maverick R with EVO transmission tune and E-85 and 91 EVO tunes

Sand Shark

Reaction score
My friend Dean went out to Pismo to test out the transmission tune and engine tunes.   Sounds like the transmission tune is going to improve the drivability in the dunes.   I drove this Maverick R before he did all the tuning. 

Looks like it really made it come alive! Should make it a lot more playful in the bigger dunes.

That Chupra video pointed out the car seemed to be a gear too low, does this video address that same issue?

Awesome if they are optimizing the DCT...

I need some midweek trips to Pismo...

That Chupra video pointed out the car seemed to be a gear too low, does this video address that same issue?

Awesome if they are optimizing the DCT...
Dean said the shift points were better and the car holds the gear longer.  In one part of the video he showed how with the tune it quickly shifted to the correct gear when he stomped on it going around a dune.   

I think the tune will make it much better.  The DCT for sure takes some getting use to compared to a CVT set up.

I have only driven the Maverick R in the dunes and it seemed to work pretty well.   The whoops I hit I did not notice anything like what Chupra was describing.  

EVO has lots of experience with DCT set ups.  They will get it figured out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't one just shift manually ?
You can shift manually.  Not sure if there a safety feature that will shift if you are banging off the rev limiter.   

When I spoke to my friend he said the only time he used manual was climbing China Wall.  The car would shift to 4th, but needed to remain in 3rd.   He tried manual mode in the dunes and apparently the computer reacted quicker than he could trying to down shift or up shift. 

So you basically just want to pull the RPMs little longer it sounds like..

Deans Car is dialed for sure.. He is a friend of mine and when we were at Glamis a few weeks back that car Hauls Ass for sure

Deans Car is dialed for sure.. He is a friend of mine and when we were at Glamis a few weeks back that car Hauls Ass for sure
I have known Dean for a while.  He let me drive his Maverick in Glamis.    

Im sure you told Missiondude this info, cause I forwarded him the YT vid when I stumbled upon this.  Like you said it takes some time to get used to but the MavR rides very nice.  Got into Scoobys X3 for a ride and can feel the difference immediately in the difference.  Get a MavR already!  Im sure I will have one for the upcoming season and glad there is a fix already for the DCT.

Im sure you told Missiondude this info, cause I forwarded him the YT vid when I stumbled upon this.  Like you said it takes some time to get used to but the MavR rides very nice.  Got into Scoobys X3 for a ride and can feel the difference immediately in the difference.  Get a MavR already!  Im sure I will have one for the upcoming season and glad there is a fix already for the DCT.
The Maverick R is more planted.   We know you are going to sell that Speed spot and get a Maverick R.  LOL!  

Back