Marv Shaw RIP

Dunelover

Reaction score
Sadly, a fixture in the Offroad World lost another legend.  Marvin Shaw passed away last night.   I’ve known him for years going back to his Marv Shaw Shocks; the shocks we all used in the early days on our no travel cars.  He was the founder of JAYMAR  (A combination of his wife’s name and his)  He was dedicated to the ASA as a guy that wouldn’t take no for an answer.  He told the greatest stories around the campfire.  A little slower in the later years he still loved the Dunes and could still hang with any ride.

I’m glad I met him and was able to call him a friend.  Camp will never be the same without him. 

Karen & I will miss him dearly

Rick 

Damn sad news!! What a great guy!!! 

RIP Marvin

They were out there on a summer trip. He walked over and said hi. Was a really nice guy. 

RIP Marvin.
I always enjoyed talking with him. 

RIP, I have been on many rides with Marvin and always enjoyed his company he will be missed!

Another Pioneer gone  RIP.

I only spoke to him once back in the day when I was building my Mazzone car  – solid guy ...

RIP, met him at roadrunner very nice guy

So sad, I talked with him multiple times over the years and he always remembered me.  He was a good guy and brought a lot to the industry and sport.

He will be dearly missed.

He was a very nice, friendly guy the one time I met him. RIP, you will be missed!

I'm proud to say Marv was a long time friend, I've known Marv since the 70's when he was running JaMar out of his garage in La Mirada. He was a kind man and an innovator for the off road industry. He was a volunteer for the off road organizations ASA and FAIR. He had a great since of humor and a wonderful laugh.

He will be missed

Rest in peace Marv

Back