Mac's Car Refresh

Very nice! Now starts the enjoyment of taking your time and putting it back together at a leisurely pace. 

Reactions: Mac
Very nice! Now starts the enjoyment of taking your time and putting it back together at a leisurely pace. 
Up until mid-October.  Then the frantic dash to get it assembled before the first trip begins.  

Not that any of us have ever done such a thing.  No, we're all way too smart for that...

Up until mid-October.  Then the frantic dash to get it assembled before the first trip begins.  

Not that any of us have ever done such a thing.  No, we're all way too smart for that...
If that happens, I failed miserably.  I have plenty of time to get this done by September 

If that happens, I failed miserably.  I have plenty of time to get this done by September 
That's only 110 days, take away the days you got sidetracked with Honey doo's, Lake Trips, People coming into town, you going out of town, time spent just staring at it thinking it will be so cool,  days spent tear back out what you did because you needed to do something else first, days it's just too hot to anything but sit in the pool, days spent making the pool blue again so people can swim in it and days you actually have to work.....

That leaves you about a week. 

Plenty of time to procrastinate 

Been down a while due to surgery.   I did get the floor pan installed and have all my brake stuff on order.  Should have it flipped over this weekend and get started on the install.

I did get the engine back last night.  Big thanks to Nextasex for picking it up and bringing it out to Havasu on his way.

Screenshot_20240531_074635_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240531_074614_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240531_074604_Gallery.jpg

Looks great!!  What are the specs on your engine rebuild? 

That Candy Red is awesome. 
Are your panels going to be the same?

Looks great!!  What are the specs on your engine rebuild? 
Typical 2.5.  We did a bore, new pistons, new rods, valve job, bigger oil pump, bigger injectors.  It's been pretty reliable and puts out plenty of power.  I wanted to keep that same theme.  Should still be around 450hp or a little more.  I'll know more once it gets put back in and I get it tuned.

That Candy Red is awesome. 
Are your panels going to be the same?
Thanks.  Yes, doing the same color on the panels and a silver on the suspension.  I was going to rechrome them but Holy smokes chrome is expensive these days.

Reactions: FOG
Back