Lucas green xtra duty grease

danbalz

Reaction score
So after my V8 swap last year I installed fortin 300m cv stars with my usual swepco 101/ bel ray mix and mid season i serviced my cv's and my stars were pitted bad. I was able to flip them and finish the season with no breakdowns. My question is has anybody used this and what were the results ?   Bob from RBP dunes with us and thats what he uses with the elusive Bel Ray. I know my axles have quite a bit of sweep/angle to them so replacing stars is probably going to be a seasonal thing and im ok with that just wondering if i should try this grease.

I used it on my veewee but noticed it was pretty liquid by the end of the year.  When I bought my PSD with 930s I didn't even consider it.  I suppose if you clean and grease them every trip or two it would be ok, but I don't have the patience for that. 

I tried Lucas about 10 years ago and it was garbage literally got so thin it was leaking out of my cv boot.  Swepco and belray for me.  

Anybody know where to buy bel ray and swepco?

So after my V8 swap last year I installed fortin 300m cv stars with my usual swepco 101/ bel ray mix and mid season i serviced my cv's and my stars were pitted bad. I was able to flip them and finish the season with no breakdowns. My question is has anybody used this and what were the results ?   Bob from RBP dunes with us and thats what he uses with the elusive Bel Ray. I know my axles have quite a bit of sweep/angle to them so replacing stars is probably going to be a seasonal thing and im ok with that just wondering if i should try this grease.
I'm curious what your setup is, h.p. 930 or 934, tire size, etc. And also maximum cv angle at full droop.

The reason I ask is this, on my last car with 930 cv joints, once I switched to 300m, I never had a problem, and my current car with 934 I just use empi joints with chromoly cages, and a good prep/polish.

I've always used straight 101.

Well, one time I used 164, but that didn't go too well.

I prep 20 sets of CVs a year and always use Swepco Moly 101 and BelRay. Pack the CV with Swepco and put a layer of BelRay over that on both sides. Straight BelRay is way too thick for CV by itself, but that thickness helps keep the Swepco in the CV. 

Swepco 164 is good if you race and prep the CVs after each race.

I've never used Lucas green Xtra duty but I do have a couple tubes Lucas Red and Tacky on the shelf in case a client specifically requests it. Been on the shelf for 7 years.

I stick to swepco and belray.

Tried lucas once cause i got some free from boat races stuff did not stick at all pure junk!no special cvs here either just type 2 race prep on a mid travel.Swepco has been great.

Back