LSK Suspension - Pro R

Rockwood

Reaction score
Saw this on SxS Blog and now I’m geeking out on this suspension:

https://www.lsksuspension.com/products/pror-turbor-xtravel-suspension-system

Virtual point tuning has been something that OEMs have been playing with for a bit, but it’s made it to Offroad suspension.  

image.jpeg

:classic_blink:

Why’d they make that mess? Because Virtual points let you tune the effective steering axis without the annoying rule where two objects can’t occupy the same space at the same time.

With a single upper/lower joint, there’s only so far you can shove the steering axis out without  putting the joints inside the wheel hub. You can screw with the length of the upper arm relative to the lower arm to offset this, but you end up with sacrificed wheel travel, roll centers, or some other geometry/packaging you might also want. 

With dual joints, your steering axis is now “virtual” where the two links would’ve met had it only been one joint. Simply draw a line parallel to the pivots on each link and that is now your steering axis:

image.jpeg

This lets you put the steering axis in an otherwise impossible spot. In this case, it puts it outside the centerline of the tire, reducing torque steer in the front axle and feedback you might get from terrain. Cool. 

Kinda spendy, and all the links might fail (though they’re pretty oversized and there’s 2x to share the load now), but super cool. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nester has always been an innovator. He has came up with a lot of "out of the box" ideas for the off-road racing guys. Fish (not our fish) just put the Xtravel front end on his Pro R. He loves it. But he has  100K+ Pro R, so he better love it. 

BTW, watching them rip around the track, the difference in body roll is very apparent compared to the Speed.

We make the bash guards for James @ Xtravel suspension.  It's actually pretty old tech, but them putting it on sxs's is new. It works really well, but is very expensive. I sold James my 4 seat velocity rzr to build the first prototypes on. They really started to shine after there performance at KOH.

We make the bash guards for James @ Xtravel suspension.  It's actually pretty old tech, but them putting it on sxs's is new. It works really well, but is very expensive. I sold James my 4 seat velocity rzr to build the first prototypes on. They really started to shine after there performance at KOH.
Yep.  Porsche, Audi, Ford, BMW and others have been using this for a while.  Works especially well on McStrut cars where your steering axis is determined by the strut mount on the tower.  

Back