LS sparkplug options....

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
do all LS heads have the same sparkplug thread length?

is there a common plug number everyone uses?  Gap?

a friend of mine currently uses an NGK TR7iX

its iridium, i personally never run platinum or iridium in any of my Subarus so is there a standard copper core plug number that is commonly used or do you LS guys swear by a certain brand and part number?

its a Blown 425 pump gas LS  3 motor 

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of guys like the NGK BR7EF with a blower.  I've had better luck with NGK TR6, they seem to last a little longer.  I don't like platinum or iridium with force induction.

I'm running a blown LS383 on pump gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of guys like the NGK BR7EF with a blower.  I've had better luck with NGK TR6, they seem to last a little longer.  I don't like platinum or iridium with force induction.

I'm running a blown LS383 on pump gas.
Plug gap?  

Plug gap?  
the 7 comes pre gapped at .023,  They do not make pump gas boosted LS motors, he should at least put in 1 gallon of race fuel to 5 gallons of premium,  

You have a truck that most likely had 85 octane left over, get to a Fuel Depot that hopefully has fresh 91, take it to a station that might have old or new 91 in the tanks, 

then when you purchase fuel, then you have to run out the 85 in the line to get to the 91, who knows how far the 91 tank is from the pump,   

That is the customers i run from, the ones that only run Stright 91 octane on boost, 

BR7EF NGK

Back