LS Pressure Plate and Clutch Torque Specs

Here is an old article. 35 is the highest I have ever heard of. Most people do 18-27.

65 ft/lbs for flywheel.

25 ft/lbs for pressure plate.

Here's my opinion, it's not worth much though. 

95 ft/lbs - flywheel to crank bolts, Red Loctite

22 ft/lbs - pressure plate bolts, blue Loctite

Hopefully we get a few more suggestions and opinions to muddy up the waters. (A little snarky this morning, my morning beer wasn't cold enough)(Joking!) 

What bolts are you running, 

ARP i would do 95lbs to 100lbs, i like a Loctite, the crank for a ls is drilled all the way through the holes the loctite we use is the 575

Factory bolts will have there own sealant, NEVER reuse the factory bolts, new bolts go to 75lbs. 

Not sure what pressure plate bolts you are using we have 8640 Chromoly bolts in 12 point, those go to 32lbs, 

What grade of pressure plate bolt are you using, that will determine the torque spec,  

Here's my opinion, it's not worth much though. 

95 ft/lbs - flywheel to crank bolts, Red Loctite

22 ft/lbs - pressure plate bolts, blue Loctite

Hopefully we get a few more suggestions and opinions to muddy up the waters. (A little snarky this morning, my morning beer wasn't cold enough)(Joking!) 
When's my S4/5/6D box Albins Deco case 7 speed going to be ready???

Feel better now?

9” flywheel or 11’? Bolts on the larger flywheel are bigger so higher torque value.

What I meant to say was the pressure plate bolts are larger on the 11” flywheel LOL. Yes?
The way i read it on the site, it says Flywheel bolts unless they changed it, 

These are the ones needed for most LS offroad flywheels ARP 2442901 Pro Series Flexplate Bolt, the true arp flywheel bolts are larger with a shank, so the flexplate bolts work the best, 

What I meant to say was the pressure plate bolts are larger on the 11” flywheel LOL. Yes?
Yes, large diameter clutch's get bigger bolts for the pressure plates. Flywheel bolts are all M11 for the LS engines. 

Back