LOOKING FOR SUMMERS BROTHERS FULL FLOAT HUB TOOL

ranman5608

Reaction score
AS THE TITLE SAYS DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY ARE WILLING TO LET GO OF OR KNOWS WHERE TO GET ONE. 

TIA

Have you tried Summers Bros in Ontario?    1 909 395 5555

You doing the hub prep yourself?  Those things are not easy, I learned the hard way years ago.  

Have you tried Summers Bros in Ontario?    1 909 395 5555

You doing the hub prep yourself?  Those things are not easy, I learned the hard way years ago.  
 yes, i have called, emailed and messaged on facebook with no response. 

oh yea this is cake compared to any of my previous projects. 

I have one and you are welcome to borrow it…. But would recommend having Kent @ Lothringer Engineering rebuild them.

Matt

Fivesixtwo 254 4353 text

I have one and you are welcome to borrow it…. But would recommend having Kent @ Lothringer Engineering rebuild them.

Matt

Fivesixtwo 254 4353 text
Thank you lambro.

Why are they allegedly so difficult to service. Are the swashplate bearings fragile or susceptible to damage if the proper torque and preload isn’t correct? 

im in surprise az to make it easy without having to ship that thing back and fourth, would you consider taking the measurements of the tool so I may machine one. 

The crush washers have machined or grinded to the set the preload properly.  I don’t truly understand the process.

5.25” diameter 

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

Thank you. 

That makes sense. If that's the case that does complicate things. machining isn't necessarily a problem but I will need to do some research to find out what the proper preload and torque specs are. 

Thank you. 

That makes sense. If that's the case that does complicate things. machining isn't necessarily a problem but I will need to do some research to find out what the proper preload and torque specs are. 
@Lambrois correct. Not many people can do them correctly and every set it different. 

I would keep trying summers brothers for the setup specs.  They still stock parts for these hubs.  Kartek has some stuff as well.

i actually got an email back from them Friday. 

i asked for service specifications bearing part numbers diagrams anything that would help in rebuilding/servicing and the only reply so far is The only specification is to torc the big luck nut to 200/250 ft/lbs.    ill continue to pry some more info though

Back