Looking for quality sound bar

mike dee

Reaction score
Looking for a good sound bar for the wife’s Razor.  Not interested in anything much more.  I listened to a couple at the SSSS show that we’re ok but can’t remember any names.  Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks GDdotcom.

@Intro2Rhino knows this stuff.... Yo..hook Mikey up.

200.gif

Everybody can't hear your post over the loud soundbars in their utvs all over Glamis this week hahahaaaa

I have a wet sounds sound bar. It’s great for highs and a hint of bass but by no means a full sound. I’m a stereo nut and could tell you there is no way I would run just this sound bar! Not sure if all sound bars are this way.

I have a wet sounds sound bar. It’s great for highs and a hint of bass but by no means a full sound. I’m a stereo nut and could tell you there is no way I would run just this sound bar! Not sure if all sound bars are this way.
there is no soundbar that will produce enough bass in my opinion. best scenario is to run a soundbar for ease of install and run a rockford, kicker or whetever sub box as well.

im a stereo guy myself, do a few installs a year for people also.  if i had a sxs id be doing a full rockford system in it (ive toured rockfords facility and seen the skunk works and how they r&d stuff for audio, very impressive) im going full bore on my sandcar stereo during this rebuild im doing... big power, dsp, etc..

I had a Rockford Fosgate system in my last RZR and it was a great system. I had SSV in my previous cars and the RF was much higher quality IMHO. The components in the RF were top notch and it was plug and play with perfect wiring harnesses built for the specific car. Easy and very clean install.

I agree with both previous comments

if you have a budget that will dictate the info and direction to take. 

im in the process of setting up a small Ssv display with their micro Bluetooth amp and a pair of their house speakers and pods. 

it’s at my shop in corona and will have a sole purpose of selling the right setup from the start. Also helps me know what: 

“I don’t want anything crazy just some good sound” means. Then I can advise only what is truly needed and not disappoint. 

I agree with both previous comments

if you have a budget that will dictate the info and direction to take. 

im in the process of setting up a small Ssv display with their micro Bluetooth amp and a pair of their house speakers and pods. 

it’s at my shop in corona and will have a sole purpose of selling the right setup from the start. Also helps me know what: 

“I don’t want anything crazy just some good sound” means. Then I can advise only what is truly needed and not disappoint. 
I was looking at the SSV micro amp you talked about in the other thread. It’s nice that it’s compact and easily fits places but it doesn’t look like it puts out much wattage for speakers. I mean a good set of 6.5’s that you would put in the pods have a higher RMS rating than the max output of the amp. I know it’s enough to run the speakers but doesn’t seem it will do it efficiently. 

I was looking at the SSV micro amp you talked about in the other thread. It’s nice that it’s compact and easily fits places but it doesn’t look like it puts out much wattage for speakers. I mean a good set of 6.5’s that you would put in the pods have a higher RMS rating than the max output of the amp. I know it’s enough to run the speakers but doesn’t seem it will do it efficiently. 
I agree, the power output on this is minimal. I use this because of is compact size and convenient control for volume and track change 

it does have an audio output that makes it perfect to match up with nicer speakers as you grow the system. In its packaged form it will not power some wetsounds rev10’s but a $1400 tower speaker budget means you sound coin an amp that can match. 

again if you are limited in space, and in general, very few multi channel amplifier for full range speakers put out more than 100watts quality per channel (this micro Bluetooth amp is maybe 25watts) 

in a Rzr or canam space and  lack of stator (alternator output) narrow the market on available products that would fit in the trunk of a car or inside the steering console of a pontoon. The lack of a a true alternator also means you need something that is efficient on converting what little power you have to actual watts and not just heat… marine micro amps 

I like Rockford Fosgate and JL audio’s MX line for this reason 

I heart BASS and would put a full system in but just not feeling it in this car.  Just need something better than them shitty speakers in the lids. Gonna do some overhauls on a few toys soon so I just need enough sound to do some head banging for a season or two.  Thanks for the responses 

there are so many good components out there these days that can be used. the box stuff form rockford and kicker are both really good like i said before and pretty much anybody can install them in a day. there are other options of course and with supply chain issues (which have hit car audio hard) lately it comes down to what you can even get your hands on.  a couple wake tower pods hooked to a micro multi cahnnel amp would get it done, fyi the rockford 8" horn loaded cans.. insanley loud when powered correctly. with the sxs as mentioned efficency is a key factor as the chargning systems in them are pretty much chit.. for big power micro amps sound digital has some impressive amps.

I’m running (4) 6.5 Fosgate power series coaxial’s, a wetsounds sound bar, and a JL 10w3 in the SSV under dash box. It’s all ran from an Alpine PDX 9. The 6.5’s are running at 2 ohm with the sound bar at 4 ohm with 2 ohm load on the sub. All controlled by the Fosgate head unit. This is all powered off the stock battery! No secondary battery installed. No issues so far with 3 seasons of jammin!

Back