Looking for diesel mechanic in East County (LB7 Duramax work)

D-n-Tyke

Reaction score
So the water pump in my 2002 Chevy finally decided to start marking it's territory (leaking pretty good out the weep hole). I am trying to find a good diesel tech in East County that can give me a quote to change out the water pump. I can do it myself but am pretty swamped right now so if the price is right I will let someone else do it. Anyone got a mechanic they  trust with their diesel?

When I was in search of a diesel mechanic, everyone who had the word "diesel" in his company name seemed to want $200/hr, was booked up for 3 yrs and didn't bother to call me back.

I asked around and got good reports about a mechanic named Roger who was reasonable and willing to take on a big job for a reasonable price. He replaced my injectors, a bunch of rubber fuel lines, the turbo, fuel return pressure relief, a bunch of wiring, etc for a fair price. He did an excellent job, he double checked everything before I picked it up.

He's located right on the border between Santee and Lakeside, near Quality Recycling on El Nopal. He's Roger, # is 619-274-4261 if you're interested.

No idea on dmax’s all i can say is steer clear off east county diesel. They are beyond insane when the bill comes

Thanks Lord of Dunes. I will give Roger a call.

Thanks for the advice Sausage450r. I will steer clear of them.

No idea on dmax’s all i can say is steer clear off east county diesel. They are beyond insane when the bill comes
I think that was one of many who gave insane quotes. They said that was just a starting point, since they hadn't looked at it yet. It could be double the original quote, which was insanely high. I could have gone to the dealer and saved 25%.

I think that was one of many who gave insane quotes. They said that was just a starting point, since they hadn't looked at it yet. It could be double the original quote, which was insanely high. I could have gone to the dealer and saved 25%.
They are close so i figured i’d try them. 480$ for an engine oil change quoted 1700$ for filter and oil in my trans on my 7.3. I thought he was being sarcastic, but he was dead serious. Fwiw brand new 4r100 on a pallet from ford with oil in it is 3200$

Last edited by a moderator:
They are close so i figured i’d try them. 480$ for an engine oil change quoted 1700$ for filter and oil in my trans on my 7.3. I thought he was being sarcastic, but he was dead serious. Fwiw brand new 4r100 on a pallet from ford with oil in it is 3200$
Well good work isn’t cheap. 😂😂😂

I do all the work on my 7.3 because i regrett it when i dont. My 6.0l i have miguel at rpm truck and auto in ramona do all the work he is great. Not cheap but not insane either

Hey bro I will call you and give you a guys number. Can’t remember the name of the company he works for now. He used to work at Bonds Automotive for several years. He did injectors on my 7.3 moons ago.

Back