Looking for 2 seat Funco

Stevie

Reaction score
Looking for a 2 seat Funco G52 or better but not looking for a super high end car. If anyone know of nothing off market please let me know 

Looking for a 2 seat Funco G52 or better but not looking for a super high end car. If anyone know of nothing off market please let me know 
My buddy has exactly what you're looking for. He is having a 4 seater built. He wants to sell at Thanksgiving time as his 4 seater will be ready at Xmas. It's a G52 

I’m looking for something a little sooner but if I haven’t found anything by then ill reach out. 

I am considering selling my white Gen4 2 seater with LS2, 470hp to the wheels, Albins 5H trans. Car was recently serviced by Kevin McMullen. One of a kind larger frame Grant built for customer who started with a Buick Grand National twin turbo motor. Excellent car.

I am considering selling my white Gen4 2 seater with LS2, 470hp to the wheels, Albins 5H trans. Car was recently serviced by Kevin McMullen. One of a kind larger frame Grant built for customer who started with a Buick Grand National twin turbo motor. Excellent car.
I know that car there VERY well and the OG owner.. That fir sure is a great car

What are you asking for it ?  Pictures ?

Appreciate it but I’m looking for a G52 or newer. 

What are you asking for it ?  Pictures ?
This was a past car of mine - a great ride with low CG - like Andy said , it was purpose built by Grant for the original owner 

I removed that Buick GN motor and put in the Ls2 

the GN motor is back at Duttweiller’s getting refreshed and updated with a new turbo package - Kenny said 1200hp - will go into my next Funco  

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg

IMG_6921.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
rode with Greg in that beast when it was new. holy chit it made some power. nothing like it at the time.

Thank you Ben, you truly built a reliable and amazing car sir! Head turner, serious med-weight ripping duner car. I can wheelie not problem but I'm a chilled out duner enjoying the scenario. Many upgrades since you dropped it off. Come over and see it.

For those asking, apologies, but I am not ready to post pictures or price. Happy to speak with very serious buyers but I have a friends list strongly wanting the car and they get first dibs. Its a one of kind Gen4 due to larger frame (15.4 inches long) all custom from Grant to meeting the following requirements:  built 2 seater with 24 gallon tank, Albins 5H with Buick twin turbo motor. Now has 3.0 shocks, Jettrim seats, Baja Designs lights, 3P air system with 2 pumps, Rugged Radio and in-car, 5150 whips, 14.50.17 (large tires), all new perch links/support, etc. Spent about 8k with Kevin McMullin for total car prep including new heims, bolts, CVs, etc. 

Appreciate your patience as I prep it for dune season 2024/2025. Will likely never post for sale on Funco site. Special car, I want someone to have an amazing setup after I go through it again.

My Buddy just listed his 2 seat Gen 4 Funco with a LS in it today.. Its on Whip trader.. Its Red. and very close to the white car here that has been shown.. This Red one that came up I will say this pics don't do it justice as it has been over the top taken care of and so very clean..

My Buddy just listed his 2 seat Gen 4 Funco with a LS in it today.. Its on Whip trader.. Its Red. and very close to the white car here that has been shown.. This Red one that came up I will say this pics don't do it justice as it has been over the top taken care of and so very clean..
What's he asking for it ? Can you provide a link ?  I don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, for the money $65k the red one is a nice car someone should grab that asap. If you are aggressive driver the 2D will last 1, maybe 2 seasons. Can't compare an LS1 Mendeola 2D with Gen4 2.0/2.5 shocks to white Gen4 with stroked LS2, Albins trans, 3.0 Kings, plus air system, baja lights, jetrim seats, etc. All depends what the driver is wanting. Again, both solid choices yet very different categories.

Back